October 26, 2010
Women's Tennis Finishes Fall Slate
Overall Record: 0-5 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: Hartford 4, Holy Cross 3, Worcester, Mass., 10/23
Schedule: Fall schedule is complete
- The Holy Cross women's tennis team finished the fall slate with a 4-3 loss against Hartford on Saturday, Oct. 23. With the result, the Crusaders finish the fall with a record of 0-5 under second year head coach Lisa Meola.
- Breaking into the wins column for the first time in their collegiate careers were freshmen Molly Montgomery (Winnetka, Ill.) and Maya Welch (Rye, N.Y.), who each won their singles matches against Hartford. Montgomery won at No. 1 singles while Welch followed with a win at No. 3 singles. Both finish the fall season with a 1-7 record in singles play.
- Junior Emily Marr (Jefferson, Mass.) finishes her fall season with the most wins on the team, collecting three wins as the team's No. 2 singles player. She finishes the fall with a record of 2-3 in dual matches while going 1-2 in tournaments.
- Junior Jen Daffron (Ramsey, N.J.) and sophomore Jessica DeSimone (Lincoln, R.I.) come out of the fall with the best record on the team in doubles play. Daffron and DeSimone finished the fall slate with a 3-6 record in doubles, collecting two of their wins in a tournament setting. They have gone 1-2 at No. 3 doubles, recording their first win against Hartford this past Saturday.
- The team will now break until the spring, as the schedule will be released at a later date.