Women's Tennis Loses 4-3 Against Hartford In Final Match Of The Fall Season
WORCESTER, Mass.— Freshmen Molly Montgomery (Winnetka, Ill.) and Maya Welch (Rye, N.Y.) won their first matches of the season but could not lift the Holy Cross women's tennis team to a victory, falling against Hartford, 4-3, at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts. With the result, the Crusaders complete the fall slate with a record of 0-5 while the Hawks move to a record of 2-2.
Montgomery won against Margaret Sabatino at No. 1 singles in straight sets, 6-0, 6-3 while Welch followed with a 6-4, 6-4 victory at No. 3 singles. Hartford would win the No. 2, No. 4, No. 5 and No. 6 matches. Holy Cross also won the doubles point, earning wins at No. 1 and No. 3 doubles.
The Crusaders end their fall season with the conclusion of today's match. The spring schedule will be announced at a later date
1. Molly Montgomery (HC) def. Margaret Sabatino (UH) - 6-0, 6-3
2. Katina Zampas (UH) def. Emily Marr (HC) def. (UH) – 6-2, 6-3
3. Maya Welch (HC) def. Ashley Harel (UH) – 6-4, 6-4
4. Nicole Haynal (UH) def. Mary McAuliffe (HC) – 6-1, 6-2
5. Lauren Coggins (UH) def. Emma Rudnik (HC) - 6-1, 6-2
6. Kaitlin Lennon (UH) def. Jen Daffron (HC) – 6-4, 6-2
1. Montgomery/Marr (HC) def. Sabatino/Harel (UH), 8-5
2. Zampas/Coggins(UH) def. Welch/McAuliffe (HC), 8-6
3. Daffron/DeSimone (HC) def. Haynal/Gileau (UH), 8-5