WORCESTER, Mass. – In the first match between the two teams in program history, Bowdoin swept all matches to take a 7-0 win against the Holy Cross women's tennis team at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts. With the loss, the Crusaders fall to a record of 0-4 on the season while the Polar Bears win their first dual match of the season, going to 1-0.
Bowdoin tallied all three wins in doubles competition as Holy Cross saw a few changes in its lineup. Freshman Molly Montgomery (Winnetka, Ill.) and junior Emily Marr (Jefferson, Mass.) played together for the first time at No. 1 doubles, falling 8-4. Freshman Maya Welch (Rye, N.Y.) and junior Emma Rudnik (Lake Bluff, Ill.) also teamed up for the first time at No. 2 doubles, dropping an 8-3 decision.
Rudnik also returned to singles action, playing in the No. 5 spot, but fell 6-0, 6-1. The Polar Bears won out in the other six matches as well to earn the 7-0 sweep.
Holy Cross will host Hartford next, with the match scheduled for 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 6. All matches will be played at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts in Worcester, Mass.
1. Kellen Albertstone (BOW) def. Molly Montgomery (HC) - 6-3, 6-3
2. Emma Lewis (BOW) def. Emily Marr (HC) – 6-3, 7-5
3. Kate Winningham (BOW) def. Maya Welch (HC) – 6-0, 6-1
4. Chantalle Lavertu (BOW) def. Mary McAuliffe (HC) – 6-0, 6-1
5. Hannah Hoerner (BOW) def. Emma Rudnik (HC) - 6-0, 6-1
6. Susanna Howard (BOW) def. Jen Daffron (HC) – 6-0, 6-0
1. Lavertu/Lewis (BOW) def. Montgomery/Marr (HC), 8-4
2. Winningham/Hoerner (BOW) def. Welch/Rudnik (HC), 8-3
3. Nikki Kuna/Alertstone (BOW) def. Daffron/DeSimone (HC), 8-1