Overall Record: 6-9 (1-3 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: Navy 4, Holy Cross 0, Hamilton, N.Y., 4/16
Schedule: Season has concluded.
- The Holy Cross women's tennis team completed its 2009-2010 slate after falling 4-0 to Navy in the first round of the Patriot League Tournament, held in Hamilton, N.Y. on Friday, April 16. Due to league rules the first team to four points wins the match, as Navy earned two victories in doubles play for the doubles point and then three-straight wins at No. 2, No. 3 and No. 4 singles. The rest of the matches did not finish.
- The Crusaders finish the 2009-2010 season with an overall record of 6-9 and 1-3 against Patriot League foes. The team earned four victories this spring, picking up wins over Babson, Lafayette, Hartford and Providence. The team went 2-3 in the fall, earning victories over Hartford and Merrimack.
- The team's four seniors, captain Kristen Meahl (Falmouth, Maine), Ivette Konopka (Shelton, Conn.), Hailee Lange (Miami, Fla.) and Kathryn Wilkie (Oak Brook, Ill.) finished their final season with a combine record of 21-34 in singles play. Sophomore Emily Marr (Jefferson, Mass.) posted the best overall record in singles play for the team, combining for nine wins and seven losses.
- As a whole, the Crusaders rounded out the season with 33 wins in singles play and 23 wins in doubles matches. Three doubles pairings ended with a record over .500, including the teams of Marr and Konopka, Konopka and sophomore Emma Rudnik (Lake Bluff, Ill.) and Wilkie and Konopka.
- Head coach Lisa Meola registered a 6-9 record in her first season at the helm of the program.