Women's Tennis Falls 4-0 To Navy In Patriot League Tournament First Round
N.Y – The No. 3 seed Navy women's tennis team proved
to be too much for the No. 6-seeded Holy Cross women's tennis team,
as the squad fell 4-0 in the first round of the Patriot League
Tournament at the Turning Stone Indoor Tennis Courts. With the
final, the Crusaders wrap up the 2009-2010 campaign with a 6-10
overall record (1-2 Patriot League) while the Midshipmen continue
the hunt for their first-ever Patriot League crown, notching a 13-3
overall record (2-1 Patriot League).
Due to Patriot League tournament rules, the first team to four points wins the match as the Midshipmen picked up victories in No. 1 and No. 3 doubles for the first point. Navy then followed with three consecutive singles wins, topping senior Hailee Lange (Miami, Fla.) at No. 4, sophomore Carolyn Chandley (Worcester, Mass.) at No. 2 and fellow sophomore Emily Marr (Jefferson, Mass.) in the No. 3 singles spot. Three other singles matches did not finish due to the earlier results as senior Kristen Meahl (Falmouth, Maine) put up a battle in the No. 1 spot, earning four games before falling 6-4 in the first set.
Today's match marks the final time the Holy Cross women's tennis team will compete this season. The squad finished the spring portion of its schedule with a record of 4-7 after collecting two wins and three losses in the fall.
1. Emani Decquir/Brittany Boucher (NAVY) def. Kristen
Meahl/Carolyn Chandley (HC) - 8-3
2. Stefanie Ton/Dyuti Das (NAVY) ahead Emily Marr/Ivette Konopka (HC) -- 7-2 DNF
3. Lindsay Olsen/Julie Dias (NAVY) def. Emma Rudnik/Kathryn Wilkie (HC) – 8-3
1. Emani Decquir (NAVY) ahead Kristen Meahl (HC), 6-4, 3-0,
2. Boucher (NAVY) def. Chandley (HC) - 6-2, 6-0
3. Ton (NAVY) def. Marr (HC) – 6-0, 6-2
4. Das (NAVY) def. Hailee Lange (HC) – 6-0, 6-1
5. Natalie Houle (NAVY) ahead Ivette Konopka (HC), 2-0, DNF
6. Lindsay Olsen (NAVY) vs. Kathryn Wilkie (HC) - DNP