Women's Tennis Tunes Up For Patriot League Tournament
Overall Record: 6-8 (1-2 Patriot League) Last Week: 2-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 6, Harford 1, Worcester,
Holy Cross 4, Providence 3, Providence, R.I., 4/10
Schedule: Tuesday, April 13, vs. Bryant,
Smithfield, R.I., 3:00 p.m.
Friday, April 16, vs. Navy, Hamilton, N.Y., 2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's tennis team travels to Smithfield, R.I., on April 13, to play the Bryant Bulldogs. The two teams met last season where the Crusaders beat out Bryant 5-2. Bryant currently stands at 4-12 on the season.
- On April 16, the Crusaders will travel to Hamilton, N.Y., where they will compete in the Patriot League Tournament. As announced by the league on April 13, Holy Cross will be seeded as the No. 6 seed and will play the No. 3 seed, Navy. The two teams will face off for the first time in Holy Cross program history beginning at 2:00 p.m. on Friday.
- Last year the women fell to Colgate, 4-0. Sophomore Emily Marr (Jefferson, Mass.) and senior Ivette Konopka (Shelton, Mass.) each were winning their matches at No. 3 and No. 5 singles respectively when the Raiders clinched victory.
- There are three singles players that have posted winning records so far this season. Marr leads the way with an 8-6 singles record, while senior Hailee Lange (Miami, Fla.) has won six of her 11 matches. Fellow senior Kathryn Wilkie (Oak Brook, Ill.) rounds out the team's top performances this far, marking an 8-5 record.
- The team collected two consecutive wins last week, the longest win-streak for them this season. Then the squad posted the most wins against Hartford on April 7, combining for seven wins out of nine total matches.