WEST POINT, N.Y.
– Senior Kathryn Wilkie (Oak Brook, Ill.)
earned her third victory of the 2009-2010 season at No. 6 singles,
but could not lift the Holy Cross women's tennis team to a victory,
falling to Lehigh 6-1 at the Malek Courts. With the loss, the
Crusaders tally a 2-5 record in spring competition, going to 4-8
overall (1-2 Patriot League) while the Mountain Hawks notch a 2-8
overall record (1-1 Patriot League).
Holy Cross grabbed one doubles win, as sophomore Emily Marr (Jefferson, Mass.) and senior Ivette Konopka (Shelton, Conn.) played in the No. 2 spot winning 9-7.
The Crusaders would get their lone point from Wilkie in singles play, as she topped Izzy Breit in straight sets, 6-2, 6-2. Senior Kristen Meahl (Falmouth, Maine) looked to continue her win streak at No. 1 singles, but dropped a three-set match to Julie Arthofer, 7-5, 3-6, 6-0. The No. 2, No. 3, No. 4 and No. 6 singles matches all fell in straight sets.
Holy Cross will take on Bryant on Tuesday, March 30 next. The match will be played at Bryant’s Tennis Center, located in Smithfield, R.I. Competition will begin at 3:30 p.m.
1. Arthofer/Piscitelli (LU) def. Meahl/Chandley (HC)- 8-1
2. Marr/Konopka (HC) def. Reich/Muething (LU)- 9-7
3. Murasko-Blank/Perl (LU) def. Wilkie/Rudnik (HC)- 9-7
1. Julie Arthofer (LU) def. Kristen Meahl (HC)- 7-5, 3-6, 6-0
2. Liz Piscitelli (LU) def. Carolyn Chandley (HC)- 6-3, 6-2
3. Stacey Reich (LU) def. Emily Marr (HC)- 6-2, 6-2
4. Patricia Muething (LU) def. Hailee Lange (HC)- 6-1, 6-2
5. Gena Levengood (LU) def. Ivetta Konopka (HC)- 6-2, 6-2
6. Kathryn Wilkie (HC) def. Izzy Breit (LU)- 6-2, 6-2