Overall Record: 2-6 (0-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-2
Scoreboard: Albany 6, Holy Cross 1, Worcester,
Quinnipiac 7, Holy Cross 0, Hamden, Conn., 3/20
Schedule: Wednesday, March 24 vs. Babson,
Wellesley, Mass., 3:30 p.m.
Friday, March 26 vs. Army, West Point, N.Y., 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 27 vs. Lafayette, West Point, N.Y., 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, March 28 vs. Lehigh, West Point, N.Y., 1:00 p.m.
- The Crusaders were set to host Stonehill on Tuesday, March 23, on the Holy Cross tennis courts but due to inclement weather, the match was a wash out and was canceled.
- On Wednesday, March 24, the team travels to Wellesley, Mass., to play the Babson Beavers. This is the first meeting between the two teams since September 25, 2005, where the Crusaders dropped the match 4-2.
- On Friday, March 26, the team travels to West Point, N.Y., to have their first weekend of Patriot League matches this year. They are set to play the No.1-ranked Army powerhouse at 6:00 p.m. This is the fourth year the two teams have met, with the Crusaders being swept 7-0 at each contest.
- The team continues league play on Saturday, March 27, where they are scheduled to play Lafayette. In last year’s spring season, the Crusaders came out on top, beating Lafayette 4-3. Senior captain Kristen Meahl (Falmouth, Maine) and sophomore Emily Marr (Jefferson, Mass.) both won their singles matches after the team also earned the doubles point. The match that decided the game was won by senior Kathryn Wilkie (Oak Brook, Ill.), who earned the team’s final point in a three set match.
- The final day of league play culminates with a match-up of the Crusaders against the Lehigh Mountain Hawks. In last year’s spring slate, the Crusaders were swept 7-0.
- Holy Cross hosted Albany on Saturday, March 19 after having to reschedule the match due to inclement weather. The Crusaders fell to the Great Dane’s 6-1, recording only one singles match win by Marr. This was Marr’s first singles win at the number two spot this season winning in straight sets, 6-4, 6-0. The Crusaders didn’t go down without a fight though, as Meahl had an exciting three-set match while sophomore Jen Daffron (Ramsey, N.J.) played her first match this spring in the number six spot falling short 6-0, 7-5. The team did post one doubles win, with the duo of Wilkie and senior Ivette Konopka (Shelton, Conn.). The Albany contest marked the second season of competition on the team’s newly renovated tennis courts that opened on October 5, 2008.