Overall Record: 2-3 (0-0 PL) Last
Schedule: Saturday, Feb. 20 vs. Sacred Heart, New Haven, Conn., 6:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's tennis team kicks off its spring season with a match against Sacred Heart on Saturday, Feb. 20. The match will be held at Yale's Tennis Complex in New Haven, Conn. The teams have competed against each other in each of the last five spring seasons, as the Pioneers currently ride a five-game winning streak into Saturday's match against the Crusaders.
- Senior Kristen Meahl (Falmouth, Maine) was the last Holy Cross player to pick up a singles win against Sacred Heart, as she posted a win in three sets; 3-6, 7-5, 10-4 on Feb. 25, 2007. Meahl then teamed up with fellow senior Ivette Konopka (Shelton, Conn.) at No. 2 doubles that day to take an 8-7 victory, marking the lone doubles victory for the team.
- Meahl currently stands at 1-4 in dual matches as the team's No. 1 singles player so far this season. She posted her victory against Hartford over the fall, topping Livia Blasque 7-6 (9-7), 6-1. Konopka stands at 1-2 in dual matches as the team's No. 3 singles player. She currently holds a one-game win streak entering Saturday's match as she topped Merrimack's Kylie Waddington 6-0, 6-1on Oct. 8.
- Also posting a winning record over the fall was senior Kathryn Wilkie (Oak Brook, Ill.) who collected three wins and two losses in dual matches. She played the five matches in three different singles positions, tallying a 1-0 record at No. 4, a 1-2 record at No. 5 and a 1-0 record at No. 6. Wilkie played as the team's No. 6 singles player to round out fall competition, beating out Merrimack's Siobhan Licudine in straight sets; 6-0, 6-0.
- First year head coach Lisa Meola looks to improve on her team's successful 7-6 record from the 2009 spring season. The team ended last year with a 4-0 loss against Colgate in the Patriot League Tournament. Holy Cross posted a 1-2 record against Patriot League foes last spring and begins league competition on March 26 against Army.