Scoreboard: Providence 220, Holy Cross 69, Worcester, Mass., 1/25
Schedule: Saturday, Feb. 1 at Bryant University, Smithfield, R.I., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team will look to rebound from their loss to Providence as they travel to meet the Bulldogs of Bryant, another Rhode Island foe, on Saturday, Feb. 1 at 1:00 p.m.
- Last season, the Crusaders fell to Bryant at home at the Hart Center, 199-95. Junior diver Alicia LiCalzi (New Canaan, Conn.) led the team with a first place finish in the three-meter dive with a score of 165.07.
- Four freshman led the way in the meet against Providence (1/25) as Gina DeFloria (Greensburg, Pa.), Marielle Pavek (Lake Ronkonkoma, N.Y.), Colleen Harrison (Lake Forest, Ill.) and Alicia Perry (Sudbury, Mass.) each recorded individual second place finishes.
- Prior to Saturday's meet versus Providence, head coach Barry Parenteau and assistant coaches Wil Aybar and Ian Hennessey honored the team's three seniors for their hard work and dedication to the men's swimming and diving team. The seniors include Eileen McGowan (Winston-Salem, N.C.), Cassandra Perry (Sudbury, Mass.) and Kelsey Poremba (Bedford, N.H.). Click below to watch the video.
- The team recently returned home from its annual winter training trip, this year located in Key Largo, Fla. The team practiced at the Jacobs Aquatic Center from January 8-14. To read a blog about the team's training trip, click here.
- ADVANCE TICKETS for the upcoming Patriot League swimming and diving championship meet hosted by the Naval Academy are NOW AVAILABLE for purchase. Luxurious Lejeune Hall in Annapolis will be the site for the championship meet from Feb. 19-22. A coveted all-session pass is only $40, tickets to attend the individual trial heats are $10 while tickets to the final heat sessions are $12. These can all be purchased through the Navy Ticket Office either by phone at 1-800-US4-NAVY (1-800-874-6289) or by visiting the following link: http://bit.ly/1iDR7Hu. With the expansion of the Patriot League to 10 teams this year and the 1,000-seat capacity of Lejeune Hall, fans are encouraged to purchase their tickets in advance of the meet.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.