Scoreboard: 6th of 6, Harold Anderson Invitational, Kingston, R.I., 11/22-23
Schedule: Friday and Saturday, Jan. 17-18, Worcester City Championship, Worcester, Mass.
- The Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team will have two more weeks off before returning to the pool for the Worcester City Championship on Friday and Saturday, Jan. 17-18.
- At last year's Worcester City Championship, the Crusaders finished in second place. Junior Mary Kate Schulte (Des Moines, Iowa) led the team with a first place finish in the 50-yard freestyle, setting an ew pool record with a time of 25.59.
- The Crusaders last competed and finished in sixth place at the Harold Anderson Invitational on Friday and Saturday, Nov. 22-23 in Kingston, R.I.
- Freshman Marielle Pavek (Lake Ronkonkoma, N.Y.) led the Crusaders with a fourth place finish in the 100-yard freestyle and time of 53.56 and fifth place finish in the 50 freestyle at 24.58. Freshman Alicia Perry (Sudbury, Mass.) also posted a top-five finish for the Crusaders, taking fifth in the 200 individual medley with a time of 2:14.44.
- The team is currently on its annual winter training trip, this year located in Key Largo, Fla. The team has been practicing at the Jacobs Aquatic Center since January 8. To follow a blog on the team's training trip, click here.
- The Crusaders will compete in four more meets this season including the Patriot League Championship on Feb. 19-22, hosted by Navy in Annapolis, Md. The team will also host Providence in its third and final home meet of the season at the Hart Center on Jan. 25.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.