Scoreboard: 6th o 9, New England Catholic Invitational, Chestnut Hill, Mass., 10/11-10/12
Schedule: Wednesday, Oct. 23 vs. Siena, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 26 vs. Springfield, Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team will host its first two meets of the season at the Hart Center this week. The Crusaders will welcome Siena to Worcester on Wednesday, Oct. 23, for a 7:00 p.m. contest while Springfield will come to town on Saturday, Oct. 26, for a 1:00 p.m. meet.
- Last season, Holy Cross fell to both the Saints and the Pride on the road. Junior diver Alicia LiCalzi (New Canaan, Conn.) led the team at Siena, finishing second in both the one and three-meter dives. At Springfield, graduate Kristin Desrosiers led the Crusaders with two first place finishes. Sophomore Claire O'Brien (Bedford, N.Y.) posted the top finish for this year's returners, winning the 200 backstroke and adding a third place finish in the 100 backstroke.
- The team is coming of a 6th place finish at the New England Catholic Invitational. Freshman Marielle Pavek (Lake Ronkonkoma, N.Y.) was the top Crusader finisher, recording third place finishes in the 50 and 100 freestyles. She added another individual top-10 finish in the 200 freestyle.
- The Crusaders will compete in eight more meets this season including the Patriot League Championship on Feb. 19-22, hosted by Navy in Annapolis, Md. The team will also host Providence in its third and final home meet of the season at the Hart Center on Jan. 25.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team send directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.