Women's Swimming And Diving Readies For New England Catholic Invitational
Scoreboard: L, 159.5-135.5, at Fairfield, Fairfield, Conn., 10/12
Schedule: Friday, Oct. 18 at New England Catholic Invitational, Chestnut Hill, Mass., 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 19 at New England Catholic Invitational, Chestnut Hill, Mass., 10:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team will return to action for a two-day meet at the New England Catholic Championship this Friday, Oct. 18, and Saturday, Oct. 19, hosted by Boston College. The meet is scheduled to begin at 6:00 p.m. on Friday and continue at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday.
- Last season, the 400 freestyle relay team comprised of junior Mary Kate Schulte (Des Moines, Iowa) and graduates Kristen Desrosiers, Katelyn Desrosiers and Laura Webber led the Crusaders at the New England Catholic Invitational, finishing in sixth place with a time of 3:52.01. On the diving side, junior Alicia LaCalzi (New Canaan, Conn.) added a top-10 finish, taking ninth in the three-meter dive with a score of 144.40.
- The Crusaders are coming off a defeat on the road at Fairfield. The team posted six first place finishes but came up short by a 24 points against the Stags. Freshman Marielle Pavek (Lake Ronkonkoma, N.Y.) led the team with two individual first place finishes in the 50 and 100 freestyles.
- The Crusaders will compete in eight more meets this season including the Patriot League Championship on Feb. 19-22, hosted by Navy in Annapolis, Md. There are three home meets scheduled to take place in the Hart Center against Siena (10/23), Springfield (10/26) and Providence (1/25).
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team send directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.