Scoreboard: No Team Scores, Assumption Pentathlon, Worcester, Mass., 10/5
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 12 at Fairfield, Fairfield, Conn., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team will open up its 2013-2014 dual competition this Saturday, Oct. 12, at Fairfield beginning at 1:00 p.m.
- Last season, the Crusaders fell to the Stags by a score of 217-83. Graduate Kristen Desrosiers was the top Holy Cross finisher, earning 11 team points.
- The team opened up the season at the Assumption Pentathlon last weekend. The 200 freestyle relay team comprised of freshmen Marielle Pavek (Lake Ronkonkoma, N.Y.), Gina DeFloria (Greensburg, Pa.) and Jessie Cashman (Haddonfield, N.J.) and junior Mary Kate Schulte (Des Moines, Iowa) set a new pool record with a time of 1:42.80. Pavek also broke an individual pool record in the 50 freestyle, touching the wall at 25:21. Cashman earned the top finish for HC in the pentathlon, finishing fifth overall 39 qualifying swimmers with a combined time of 5:33.62 in the five events (100 butterfly, 100 backstroke, 100 breaststroke, 100 freestyle and 100 individual medley.)
- Holy Cross will be led by four seniors this season including Katie Luther (Omaha, Neb.), Eileen McGowan (Winston-Salem, N.C.), Cassandra Perry (Sudbury, Mass.) and Kelsey Poremba (Bedford, N.H.).
- The Crusaders will compete in nine meets this season including the Patriot League Championship on Feb. 19-22, hosted by Navy in Annapolis, Md. There are three home meets scheduled to take place in the Hart Center against Siena (10/23), Springfield (10/26) and Providence (1/25).
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team send directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.