Schedule: Saturday, Jan. 26, at Providence, Providence, R.I., 1:00 p.m.
Scoreboard: 2nd of 4, at Worcester City Championship, Worcester, Mass., 1/18-1/19
- The Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team will return to the pool on Saturday, Jan. 26, visiting Providence.
- Last season, the Crusaders hosted the Friars in Worcester and fell by a score of 192-102. Senior Kristen Desrosiers (Gorham, Maine) finished first in the 200 IM with a time of 2:17.18 to lead the Crusaders. The 400 freestyle relay team comprised of sophomore Mary Kate Schulte (Des Moines, Iowa), senior Laura Webber (Hampden, Mass.), Gina Mannix and graduate Maggie Beaudouin also took first with a time of 3:54.43. Junior Katie Luther (Omaha, Neb.) took second in the three-meter dive with a score of 172.72 and third in the one-meter dive with a score of 180.23.
- At last weekend's Worcester City Championship, the 400 freestyle relay team comprised of Kristen Desrosiers, senior Katelyn Desrosiers (Gorham, Maine), Webber and Schulte set a new meet record with a time of 3:43.06 while the 200 freestyle relay team comprised of the same student-athletes set a new pool record with a time of 1:43.55. Schulte also set a new pool record in the 50 free with a time of 25.59 seconds.
- Holy Cross spent Jan. 8-15 on a training trip in Key Largo, Fla. at the Jacob's Aquatic Center. To view the team's daily blog, click here.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.