Women's Swimming And Diving Readies For Two Dual Meets This Week
Scoreboard: No Team Scores, New England Catholic Invitational, Chestnut Hill, Mass., 10/19
No Team Scores, New England Catholic Invitational, Chestnut Hill, Mass., 10/20
Schedule: Wednesday, Oct. 24 at Siena, Loudonville, N.Y., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 27 at Springfield, Springfield, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team will compete in two dual meets this week, first traveling to Siena for a 7:00 p.m. contest on Wednesday, Oct. 24, then traveling to Springfield to take on the Pride at 1:00 p.m.
- The Saints began their season at the New England Catholic Invitational last weekend. The match up with Holy Cross will be Siena's first home meet of the season.
- Last season, the Crusaders hosted Siena at the Hart Pool and fell by a score of 169-127. Graduate Maggie Beaudouin led the team with a first place finish in the 100 backstroke. Seniors Kristen Desrosiers (Gorham, Maine) and Natalie Livingston (Auburn, Wash.) and sophomore Mary Kate Schulte (Des Moines, Iowa) each added a pair of second place finishes.
- The Pride will open the 2012-2013 swim season against the Crusaders on Saturday. Last season, Springfield downed Holy Cross in Worcester by a tally of 173-119. Desrosiers carried the Crusaders with a first, second and third place finish in the 200 individual medley, 200 freestyle and 100 freestyle, respectively.
- The Crusaders are coming off the New England Catholic Invitational where the team won two out of eight dual meet final, taking down LeMoyne by a score of 175-162 and Regis by a score of 242-72. The Crusaders fell to Siena in dual scoring by a final of 253-94.