Scoreboard: Bryant 201, Holy Cross 60, Smithfield, R.I., 2/4
Schedule: Thursday-Saturday, Feb. 16-18, at Patriot League Championship, Annapolis, Md., 10:00 a.m./6:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team is set to compete in its final meet of the season on Feb. 16-18 at the Patriot League Championship in Annapolis, Md., hosted by Navy. Last season, the Crusaders finished eighth of eight and set four school records.
- In last year's championship, junior Kristen Desrosiers (Gorham, Maine) set the school record on the first day of competition in the 200 yard IM with a time of 2:08.51. Graduate Gael Carter also broke two school records that day including the 50 yard freestyle and 100 backstroke with times of 24.30 and 58.31, respectively. Carter also set a school record on the second day of the meet in the 100 meter butterfly with a time of 58.65.
- The 800 meter freestyle relay team also set a school record in the 2011 meet, breaking the previous time that was set in 1992. The team was comprised of seniors Maggie Beaudouin (Madison, N.J.) and Annie O'Shea (Washington, D.C.) and juniors Gina Mannix (Larchmont, N.Y.) and Desrosiers. They set the record with a pace of 7:52.10.
- The Crusaders fell to Bryant (Feb. 4) in their last competition in Smithfield, R.I. Desrosiers finished first in the 1,000 yard freestyle and junior Samantha Hullihen (Pelham, N.H.) placed first in the 50 yard butterfly and second in the 100 yard butterfly to lead the way for Holy Cross.
- Note that no non‑Department of Defense stickered vehicle will be allowed to drive onto the USNA campus for the 2012 Patriot League Championship. Parking will be available at the football stadium ($5 per vehicle) and there will be a free shuttle bus to‑and‑from the meet in Lejeune Hall. The event will also be streamed live on Patriot League All-Access. Click here for the website.