WOMEN'S SWIMMING & DIVING
Overall: 3-6; Last Week: 8th of 8
Scoreboard: 8th of 8, at Patriot League Championship, Lewisburg, Pa., 2/17-19
Schedule: The season has concluded.
- The Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team concluded the 2010-2011 season at the Patriot League Championship in Lewisburg, Pa. on Feb. 17-19. Colgate won the team competition with 862 points, Navy took second with 760, Bucknell finished third with 581.5, American fourth with 332, Army fifth with 323.5, Lehigh sixth (230), Lafayette seventh (226) and Holy Cross eighth (144).
- Senior Gael Carter (Tampa, Fla.) broke three school records at the championship. Carter set new school records in the 50 free (24.30), 100 back (58.31) and 100 fly (58.65). In individual events, she placed 11th in the 100 back, 20th in the 100 fly and 20th in the 200 back, where her time of 2:08.39 was just three hundredths of a second off the school record. Carter was also a member of four Holy Cross relay teams, the 200 free relay (1:39.59), 400 free relay (3:36.12), 200 medley relay (1:51.92) and 400 medley relay (4:02.24).
- Sophomore Kristen Desrosiers (Gorham, Maine) broke the school record in the preliminary heat of the 200 IM and then reset the record in the finals. Desrosiers finished with a school record time of 2:09.44 in the preliminary round of competition to qualify for finals and then broke the record again with an 11th place finish and time of 2:08.51.
- The 800 free relay team of junior Maggie Beaudouin (Madison, N.J.), junior Annie O'Shea (Washington, D.C.), sophomore Gina Mannix (Larchmont, N.Y.) and Desrosiers finished seventh with a time of 7:52.10, breaking the Holy Cross school record set in 1992.
- Senior Sarah Kearns (Marion, Mass.) scored eight points for the Crusaders at the Patriot League Championship. Kearns placed 13th in the one meter diving competition with 192.15 points and finished 13th in the three meter diving competition with a score of 194.10.
- Senior Erin Meegan (Woodbine, Md.) earned team points with a 16th place finish in the 400 IM with a time of 4:54.58, O'Shea finished 14th in the 200 fly with a time of 2:10.66 and junior Lindsay Mlazgar (Bloomington, Minn.) finished 15th on the three meter board with 180.95 points.