WOMEN'S SWIMMING & DIVING
Schedule: Friday, Oct. 15 vs. Fairfield, Worcester, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 16 vs. Lehigh, Worcester, Mass., 11:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team will kick off the 2010-2011 season with two home meets this week. On Friday, Oct. 15, the Crusaders welcome Fairfield to the Hart Center, and then on Saturday, Oct. 16, the Crusaders will race Lehigh in Patriot League action at the Hart Center.
- Head coach Barry Parenteau returns 19 of 27 letterwinners from a year ago, including four student-athletes whose names now reside on the school record board. Holy Cross also welcomes eight newcomers to the team.
- Seniors Gael Carter (Tampa, Fla.), Emily Greeke (Hamilton, Mass.), Erin Meegan (Woodbine, Md.) and Molly O'Brien (Bedford, N.Y.) will serve as captains for the 2010-2011 season.
- School record holder, junior Annie O'Shea (Washington, D.C.), returns to lead the Crusaders in the butterfly events. O'Shea finished with a school-record time of 2:09.33 in the 200 fly at the Patriot League Championship last season.
- Parenteau enters his 36th season as the head coach of the women's swimming and diving program. Parenteau has coached the Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team since its inception in 1975. Last season, Parenteau led the women's team to six record-breaking performances at the Patriot League Championship and had twenty-three student-athletes from the men's and women's teams named to the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll.
- A year ago, the Crusaders opened the season with a home meet against Lehigh and then traveled to Fairfield the following day. The Crusaders fell to Lehigh 136-98 and then lost to Fairfield 167-133.