Overall: 4-6 (0-2 PL) Last
Week: 8th of 8
Scoreboard: 8th of 8 at Patriot League Championship, Annapolis, Md., 2/18-2/20
Schedule: Season has concluded
- The Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team concluded the 2009-2010 season at the Patriot League Championship on Feb. 18-20 in Annapolis, Md. The Crusaders finished eighth out of eight teams at the meet.
- Senior Alisha Carrazza (Boonton Township, N.J.) set a school record in the 200 IM with a time of 2:10.51, breaking the Holy Cross school record time of 2:10.60 set by Kara Brennan in 1998. Carrazza finished the season with the fastest Holy Cross times in the 50 free (24.61), 100 free (54.15) and 200 IM (2:10.51).
- Sophomore Annie O'Shea (Washington, D.C.) hit a school record mark in the 200 fly with a time of 2:09.33 in the semifinals at the Patriot League Championship. O'Shea took down the school record time of 2:10.16 set in 1992 by Allyssa Bates.
- Senior Maggie Gousman (Fanwood, N.J.) swam her fastest times of the season in the 100 and 200 breast at the Patriot League Championship. In the 100 breast, Gousman finished with a time of 1:06.66 and in the 200 breast she finished with a time of 2:26.58. Gousman holds the Holy Cross school records in both events, as she set the record in the 100 breast (1:05.47) at the 2009 Patriot League Championship and in the 200 breast (2:25.60) at the 2008 Patriot League Championship.
- The Crusaders hit school record times in four relay events at the Patriot League Championship. In the 200 free relay, the team of sophomore Maggie Beaudouin (Madison, N.J.), junior Gael Carter (Tampa, Fla.), Gousman and Carrazza teamed up to finish with a school-record time of 1:38.75. The relay team of Carter, Gousman, freshman Kristen Desrosiers (Gorham, Maine) and Carrazza set a school record in the 400 medley relay with a time of 3:59.38. Desrosiers, Gousman, Carter and Carrazza teamed up to break the school record in the 200 medley relay, finishing with a new school-record time of 1:49.79. In the 400 free relay, the team of Desrosiers, Carter, Gousman and Carrzza finished seventh with a school-record time of 3:35.80.
- Beaudouin swam a team-best and season-best time of 2:11.28 in the 200 back at the Patriot League Championship. O'Shea swam a team-best and season-best time of 5:18.15 in the 500.