Overall Record: 0-4 (0-2 PL)
Scoreboard: 2nd of 5 at Harold Anderson Invitational, Kingston, R.I., 12/4-12/5
Schedule: No scheduled competition
- The Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team wrapped up the 2009 portion of it schedule at the Harold Anderson Invitational on Dec. 4-5 and will return to the pool on Wednesday, Jan. 20 at Bryant.
- At last week's Invitational, Holy Cross crowned four champions. Senior Rachael Martinez (Chelmsford, Mass.) took first on the three meter diving board with 240.40 points, junior Gael Carter (Tampa, Fla.) took first in the 100 fly with a time of 1:00.69, senior Maggie Gousman (Fanwood, N.J.) took first in the 100 breast with a time of 1:07.67 and sophomore Annie O'Shea (Washington, D.C.) claimed the top spot in the 200 fly with a time of 2:14.56.
- O'Shea and freshman Jill Chudwick (Farmington, Conn.) each recorded a season-best time in the 500 free. O'Shea finished with a time of 5:22.64, while Chudwick touched the wall with a time of 5:31.16.
- At the Harold Anderson Invitational, Holy Cross had season-best performances out of all of its swimmers in the 1650 free. Junior Erin Meegan (Woodbine, Md.) swam a season-best time of 11:19.38, sophomore Maggie Beaudouin (Madison, N.J.) touched the wall with a season-best time of 11:25.90 and sophomore Monica Cullen (Maplewood, N.J.) swam a season-best time of 12:12.47.
- Last weekend, freshman Kristen Desrosiers (Gorham, Maine) swam a season-best and team-best time in the 400 IM. Desrosiers finished in fourth place with a time of 4:49.83.