Overall Record: 0-0 (0-0 PL)
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 17 vs. Lehigh, Worcester, Mass., 2:00 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 18 at Fairfield, Fairfield, Conn. 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team opens the 2009-2010 season on Saturday, Oct. 17 at the Hart Center against Patriot League opponent Lehigh at 2:00 p.m. The Crusaders will travel to Fairfield on Sunday, Oct. 18 for a 1:00 p.m. meet.
- Last season the Crusaders opened the season against Fairfield at the Hart Center on Oct. 11, picking up their first win of the season 160-138 and hosted Lehigh on Oct. 19, losing 172-69. Against Fairfield, senior captain Maggie Gousman (Fanwood, N.J.) led the team to victory with three wins in the meet. Gousman placed first in the 100 breast, the 200 breast and finished first in the 200 individual medley. Sophomore Annie O'Shea (Washington, D.C.) and senior Rachael Martinez (Chelmsford, Mass.) also won multiple events. O'Shea finished first in the 200 fly and the 100 fly. Martinez won the three meter diving competition and the one meter diving competition.
- The Crusaders return 18 from last year's team and welcome 10 newcomers to the pool.
- Seniors Lauren Tatro (Charlotte, N.C.), Gousman and Alisha Carrazza (Boonton Township, N.J.) will serve as captains for the 2009-2010 season. Gousman returns as last season's top Holy Cross performer in the 100 breast, 200 breast and 200 IM, Carrazza recorded top times in the 50 free, 100 free and 200 free and Tatro returns fresh off a personal-best performance in the 100 back at last season's Patriot League Championship.
- Holy Cross was selected to finish eighth in the 2009 Patriot League preseason poll. Last year's Patriot League champion, Colgate was selected as the preseason favorite, while Navy was selected second. Bucknell, Army and Lehigh round out the top five spots, while American was voted sixth, Lafayette seventh and Holy Cross eighth.