Overall: 1-7 (0-0 Patriot League); Last Week: 1-7
Scoreboard: Tennessee State 5, Holy Cross 2, Nashville, Tenn., 03/04
Holy Cross 5, Tennessee State 2, Nashville, Tenn., 03/04
Tennessee Tech 8, Holy Cross 7, Cookeville, Tenn., 03/05
Tennessee Tech 8, Holy Cross 0, Cookeville, Tenn., 03/5
Western Kentucky 9. Holy Cross 1, Tennessee Tournament, Knoxville, Tenn., 03/07
No.2 Tennessee 5, Holy Cross 0, Tennessee Tournament, Knoxville, Tenn., 03/07
College of Charleston 5, Holy Cross 2, Tennessee Tournament, Knoxville, Tenn., 03/08
Georgia Southern 3, Holy Cross 2, Tennessee Tournament, Knoxville, Tenn., 03/08
Schedule: Saturday, March 15 vs. Sacred Heart, Stony Brook Invitational, Stony Brook, N.Y., 10:30 a.m.
Saturday, March 15 at Stony Brook, Stony Brook Invitational, Stony Brook, N.Y., 12:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 16 at Stony Brook, Stony Brook Invitational, Stony Brook, N.Y., 10:30 a.m.
Sunday, March 16 vs. Sacred Heart, Stony Brook Invitational, Stony Brook, N.Y., 2:30 p.m.
- The Holy Cross softball team wrapped up its spring break trip last week in Tennessee as the Crusaders opened the season with a record of 1-7. The Crusaders tallied 21 runs and 48 hits over eight games, including two home runs from senior Sarah Free (Claremont, Calif.). The team kept it close with No. 2 Tennessee during the Tennessee Tournament by a score of 5-0 at Lee Stadium as sophomore pitcher Gennifer Durham (Abbeville, S.C.) held the Lady Vols to just four hits. This week, the squad is set to travel to Long Island to take part in the Stony Brook Invitational, playing a pair of games against both Sacred Heart and Stony Brook Saturday and Sunday from University Field.
- The Crusaders are scheduled to go up against Pioneers Saturday on 10:30 a.m. and Sunday 2:30 p.m. Holy Cross will face the Seawolves on Saturday at 12:30 p.m. and both teams will meet again on Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
- Sacred Heart is 5-5 thus far on the season. All of its games have been on the road coming from the UC Riverside Tournament in California at the end of February and participating in the Rebels Spring Games in Florida.
- Stony Brook has played a total of 15 games and maintain an overall record of 5-10. This will be the first time the Seawolves will be home after being on the road in Georgia, North Carolina and California.
- Free went 2-for-5 in the doubleheader against Tennessee State (03//04) as she posted one home run, three hits and four runs batted in to open the 2014 season for Holy Cross. She currently leads team in runs scored with four, RBI (six), stolen bases (two) and home runs (two) through eight games thus far this season.
- Junior Emma Keough (Rochester, Mass.) went seven-for-13 in the six games she appeared in as she posted three doubles and one RBI as she added two assists from the field. Sophomore Hailey Mullen (Plainville, Mass.) added to that stat lists as she chipped in a total of six hits, one run and one RBI in 17 at-bats.
- Freshman Emily Krisanda (Oak Hill, Va.) begins her rookie campaign with seven hits, two runs scored and two RBI's while starting all eight games. She posted her first collegiate hit (single to center field) against Tennessee State in game two as Holy Cross earned its first victory of the season.
- All four Holy Cross pitchers saw action in the circle over the course of the spring break trip inclduing Durham, senior Julia Barrett (Gardner, Mass.), junior Tori Cheske (Thomaston, Conn.) and freshman Maggie Goldberg (Midlothian, Va.). Durham (1-3) earned the first win of the season for Holy Cross against Tennessee State in game two by a score of 7-2. Barrett has started four games and appeared in five while Cheske has appeared in five games and Golderberg has come on in relief in one contest.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross softball team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.