Overall: 13-31 (7-13 Patriot League)
Scoreboard: Marist 8, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 4/23
Marist 8, Holy Cross 4, Worcester, Mass., 4/23
Bucknell 2, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 4/27
Bucknell 1, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 4/27
Bucknell 4, Holy Cross 3, Worcester, Mass., 4.28
Bucknell 7, Holy Cruss 6 (nine innings), Worcester, Mass., 4/28
- The Holy Cross softball team wrapped up the 2013 season last weekend as Bucknell came away with a sweep at Freshman Field. The Crusaders lost all four games by a combined four runs. Holy Cross finishes the season with an overall record of 13-31 and 7-13 mark in Patriot League play. It was a tough ending to the season as HC dropped its final 12 games after starting the season at 13-19 and 7-5 in the conference.
- Freshman Emily Jarvis (Hopkinton, Mass.) had an outstanding rookie season as she was named Patriot League Rookie of the Week twice and Player of the Week once. She led the team with a .349 batting average and was one of just two players to start all 44 games on the year. She also had a team-high 45 hits, 32 runs scored, 66 total bases, 18 stolen bases and a .512 slugging percentage. Jarvis was second on the team with four home runs, 15 walks and a .447 on-base percentage.
- Senior Sam Fregenti (Melville, N.Y.) overcame an injury in the beginning of the season to finish her Holy Cross career on a strong note. She led the team this season with a .482 on-base percentage and 18 walks and was second on the team in batting average (.330) and slugging percentage (.511). A two-year captain, Fregenti set two single-season HC records including home runs (11) and slugging percentage (.691) as a sophomore. She sits atop the career Holy Cross softball record book in home runs (22), base on balls (62) and slugging percentage (.569). Fregenti can also be found in five of the remaining eight batting categories in the Crusader career record book as she is second in batting average (.345) and runs batted in (89), tied for second in doubles (38), fourth in hits (161) and 10th in at-bats (466).
- Junior Kelliner Croushore (Claremont, Calif.) was the only other Crusader besides Jarvis to start all 44 games this season. She led the team with five home runs and was tied for first with freshman Colleen Ahern (Northbrook, Ill.) with 21 runs batted in. Croushore was also tied for second on the team with 18 runs scored while Ahern was second on the team with 34 hits. Junior Alex Gustafson (Medford, Mass.) led the squad with 10 doubles and was third on the team with 32 hits and 19 runs batted in. Gustafson was also tied for second with Croushore in total bases with 50.
- Freshman Gennifer Durham (Abbeville, S.C.) achieved a feat that had never been accomplished in the Patriot League since its inaugural season in 1991. The rookie threw a seven inning perfect game on April 13 against Colgate in a 1-0 Holy Cross victory. It was also the first recorded seven inning perfect game in school history. Durham finished the season with a team-low 3.27 earned run average and team-high seven wins in 130.2 innings of work. Junior pitcher Julia Barrett (Gardner, Mass.) led the staff with 76 strikeouts in 114.2 innings and finished the season with an ERA of 3.66.
- Prior to the start of the final two games of their careers on Saturday (4/28), head coach Brian Claypool and assistant coach Nick French recognized Fregenti, senior Jenna Legros (Sandy Hook, Conn.) and senior Kat Rosenthal (Boston, Mass.) for their hard work and dedication to Holy Cross softball program over the past four years in a brief ceremony.