Overall: 13-25 (7-9 Patriot League); Last Week: 0-6
Scoreboard: Central Connecticut 6, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 4/17
Central Connecticut 2, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 4/17
Lehigh 5, Holy Cross 0, Bethlehem, Pa., 4/20
Lehigh 4, Holy Cross 2, Bethlehem, Pa., 4/20
Lehigh 8, Holy Cross 0, Bethlehem, Pa., 4/21
Lehigh 4, Holy Cross 0, Bethlehem, Pa., 4/21
Schedule: Tuesday, April 23 vs. Marist (DH), Worcester, Mass., 2:30 p.m./4:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 27 vs. Bucknell (DH), Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m./2:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 28 vs. Bucknell (DH), Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m./2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross softball team will wrap up the 2013 regular season this week with two non-conference home games against Marist today, Tuesday, April 23, beginning at 2:30 p.m. and a four-game series with Bucknell at Freshman Field this weekend, April 27-28. The pair of doubleheaders versus the Bison are scheduled to begin at 12:00 p.m. both days.
- Marist is currently 19-21 overall and coming off a doubleheader sweep of Rider last Sunday (4/21). Junior Alyssa Zahka leads the Red Foxes with a .379 batting average in 40 games with 47 hits in 124 at-bats. Freshman Nicole Cheek leads the team with 10 home runs and 35 runs batted in. In the circle, Senior Emily Osterhaus holds a team-low 2.25 earned run average and record of 9-7 on the season.
- Bucknell currently stands at 15-28 on the season and 7-9 in the Patriot League. The Bison will host St. Francis (Pa.) on Wednesday, April 24, before heading to Worcester for the final regular season conference games of the season. Sophomore Kristen Zahn leads the team with a .321 batting average on 25 hits in 78 at-bats. Sophomore Colie Escobar leads the Bison with four home runs. Freshman pitcher Amanda Fazio leads the starting staff with a 2.78 ERA and holds a record of 8-13.
- Lehigh and Colgate have clinched playoff spots and will battle each other this weekend at Colgate where Lehigh can clinch first place with one victory. Army (8-8 PL), currently in third place, will play at Lafayette (4-12), currently sixth, this weekend. Bucknell and Holy Cross sit tied for fourth place in the league standings. If the Crusaders can take three games from the Bison, Holy Cross would clinch a playoff berth.
- Freshman Emily Jarvis (Hopkinton, Mass.) leads the team and is second in the Patriot League with a .369 batting average. The rookie has a team-high 41 hits in 111 at-bats and is tied for the team lead with four home runs. Fellow classmate Colleen Ahern (Northbrook, Ill.) leads the team with 19 runs batted in. Jarvis and junior Kelliner Croushore (Claremont, Calif.) are the only two Crusaders who have started all 38 games so far this season.
- In the circle, freshman Gennifer Durham (Abbeville, S.C.) leads the Crusaders with a 3.35 ERA and seven wins on the season in 113.0 innings of work. Junior Julia Barrett (Gardner, Mass.) is just behind Durham with six wins and a team-high 60 strike outs in 98.2 innings of work.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross softball team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.