Overall: 11-15 (5-3 Patriot League); Last Week: 2-2
Scoreboard: Army 3, Holy Cross 1, 10 innings, Worcester, Mass., 4/6
Army 4, Holy Cross 2, Worcester, Mass., 4/6
Holy Cross 7, Army 2, Worcester, Mass., 4/7
Holy Cross 2, Army 1, Worcester, Mass., 4/7
Schedule: Tuesday, April 9 at Siena (DH), Loudonville, N.Y., 3:00 p.m./5:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 13 vs. Colgate (DH), Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m./2:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 14 vs. Colgate (DH), Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m./2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross softball team will play its final non-conference road games of the season this afternoon, Tuesday, April 9, at Siena. The doubleheader is scheduled to begin at 3:00 p.m. The Crusaders will then return to Patriot League action this weekend, hosting Colgate for a four-game series at Freshman Field. The pair of weekend twin bills on Saturday, April 13, and Sunday, April 14, are both scheduled to begin at 12:00 p.m.
- Siena, currently 6-19 on the season, is coming off a 14-10 loss at home to Seton Hall. Senior Shannon Jones leads the team with a .382 batting average. She has a team-high 29 hits and scored a team-high 20 runs on the season. The Saints have struggled in the circle this season, amassing a team earned run average of 8.21. The Crusaders are 11-10 all-time against Siena, with the last HC victory coming in Loudonville on April 21, 2011.
- Colgate is 10-18 on the season and 5-3 in the Patriot League. The Raiders split the season series with Army, 2-2, and took three of four games from Bucknell last weekend. Freshman Mariel Schlaefer leads the team with a .400 batting average on 30 hits in 75 at-bats, including a team-high five home runs. Colgate has a team earned run average of 3.10 with freshman Megan Carnase leading the staff with a 2.46 ERA.
- The Crusaders are coming of a split four-game series with Army as the Black Knights took games one and two and Holy Cross won games three and four. Freshman Colleen Ahern (Northbrook, Ill.) went three-for-three in game three with three runs batted in and junior Kelliner Croushore (Claremont, Calif.) recorded a hit and RBI in both wins, including the game-winning single in HC's 2-1 victory in game four.
- Freshman Emily Jarvis (Hopkinton, Mass.) leads the entire Patriot League with a .413 batting average, followed in second place by Colgate's Schlaefer. The rookie is also third in both runs scored (28) and stolen bases (14). Croushore is second in the conference in home runs with four, behind only Schlaefer.
- Jarvis and freshman pitcher Gennifer Durham (Abbeville, S.C.) are also making their presence felt on the national scale. Jarvis ranks 20th in the country in runs per game (1.08) and 23rd in the country in on-base percentage (.537). Durham is 14th in the country in fewest walks allowed per seven innings (1.04). As a team, Holy Cross is 28th in the nation in doubles per game (1.54) and 44th in stolen bases per game (1.54).
- Sophomore Emma Keough (Rochester, Mass.) launched her first home run of 2013 and second of her career in game three versus Army. The Crusaders have now hit 15 home runs in 26 games this year, after hitting just 14 in 45 games last season.
- Durham and junior pitcher Julia Barrett (Gardner, Mass.) each recorded a win against Army. Durham leads the team with a 3.90 earned run average while Barrett has struck out a team-high 46 batters.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross softball team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.