Overall: 9-13 (3-1 Patriot League); Last Week: 3-3
Scoreboard: Central Connecticut 2, Holy Cross 0, New Britain, Conn., 3/27
Central Connecticut 8, Holy Cross 0, New Britain, Conn., 3/27
Lafayette 5, Holy Cross 2, Easton, Pa., 3/30
Holy Cross 6, Lafayette 4, Easton, Pa., 3/30
Holy Cross 10, Lafayette 1, Easton, Pa., 3/31
Holy Cross 7, Lafayette 6, Easton, Pa., 3/31
Schedule: Saturday, April 6 vs. Army (DH), Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m./2:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 7 vs. Army (DH), Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m./2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross softball team will host its first home games of the season this weekend at Freshman Field as Army comes to Worcester for a four-game series. The Crusaders and the Black Knights will play doubleheaders on Saturday and Sunday, April 6-7, beginning at 12:00 p.m. both days.
- Army is 14-13 on the season and opened Patriot League play last weekend, splitting its four-game series with Colgate, 2-2. The Black Knights swept the doubleheader on Saturday (3/30) but the Raiders responded to sweep the twin bill on Sunday (3/31). Army will play two games against Delaware this afternoon in West Point before heading to Worcester this weekend. Junior Amanda Nguyen leads the team with a .400 batting average (38-95) in 25 games this season. In the circle, sophomore Morgan Lashley holds a 2.67 earned run average and record of 12-8 on the year in 19 starts and 20 appearances. She has stuck out 96 batters in 126 innings of work.
- Army and Holy Cross lead the Patriot League offensively so far this season. The Black Knights are batting .292 as a team while the Crusaders hold a team average of .289. Holy Cross is currently tied with Lehigh for the best record in the Patriot League at 3-1.
- Freshman Emily Jarvis (Hopkinton, Mass.) is coming off an outstanding week of action last week, earning Patriot League Rookie of the Week honors. Jarvis went seven-for-15 (.467) at the plate and scored a team-high eight runs and stole a team-high four bases in six games. The freshman is second in the league in three offensive categories including batting average (.397), runs scored (25) and stolen bases (11).
- Junior Kelliner Croushore (Claremont, Calif.) leads the conference in home runs with four after hitting long balls in back-to-back games to wrap up the regular season series with Lafayette on Sunday (3/31).
- Freshman pitcher Gennifer Durham (Abbeville, S.C.) leads the team with a record of 6-5 on the season going 63 and two-thirds innings in 11 starts and 13 appearances. Junior Julia Barrett (Gardner, Mass.) went 2-0 last week with both wins coming against Lafayette. She leads the team with 38 strike outs in 55 and two-thirds innings.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross softball team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.