Crusaders Set To Host Boston University Before Traveling To Lehigh
Overall: 16-23; Last Week: 2-4
Scoreboard: Siena 11, Holy Cross 5, Loudonville, N.Y., 4/21
Holy Cross 5, Siena 2, Loudonville, N.Y., 4/21
Colgate 2, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 4/24
Colgate 2, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 4/24
Colgate 8, Holy Cross 4, Worcester, Mass., 4/25
Holy Cross 10, Colgate 7, Worcester, Mass., 4/25
Schedule: Tuesday, April 26, vs. Boston University, Worcester, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 30, at Lehigh (DH), Bethlehem, Pa., 12:00/2:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 1, at Lehigh (DH), Bethlehem, Pa., 12:00/2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross softball team (16-23 overall, 9-7 Patriot League) hosts Boston University (27-12 overall, 9-3 American East) on Tuesday, April 26 before traveling to Bethlehem, Pa. for the final Patriot League regular season series against Lehigh (26-19 overall, 11-4 Patriot League) on April 30-May 1 at Kaufman Field.
- The Terriers are currently on an eight game win streak after sweeping Hartford in American East action over the weekend. In BU's last game, redshirt freshman Chelsea Kehr recorded her third grand slam of the season and sophomore Erin Schuppert threw a complete-game shutout. A year ago, the Crusaders traveled into Boston for a doubleheader, falling 12-5 and 13-3.
- Lehigh will host Rider in a pair of midweek games on April 28 before hosting the Crusaders at Kaufman Field this weekend. The Mountain Hawks clinched a spot in the Patriot League Tournament with a sweep over Army on Monday, April 25. Last season against Lehigh, Holy Cross won the first game at Freshman Field before falling in the final three games of the series.
- With its victory over Colgate, Holy Cross clinched a spot in the Patriot League Tournament for the first time since the 2003 season. The Crusaders' win was their 16th of the season, the most since the 2001 season when they finished 16-27 overall (11-9 Patriot League).
- With Colgate, Lehigh and Holy Cross in the Patriot League Tournament, the final weekend of action will determine final seeding. Colgate currently leads the league with a 13-2 record, while Lehigh holds an 11-4 record. Rain forced the postponement of the Raider's and Mountain Hawks' final game against each other and, dependent on the results of this weekend, could be the determining factor in what team receives the number one seed. Army currently holds a two-game lead over Bucknell and Lafayette.
- In Monday's win over Colgate, sophomore Sam Fregenti (Melville, N.Y.) hit three home runs, breaking the Holy Cross single-season home run record with her seventh, eighth and ninth bombs of the season. The sophomore slugger currently has 13 career home runs, tying her for third on the Holy Cross career record list.
- Fregenti and senior Keeley Seniuk (Phoenix, Ariz.) lead the team with 27 RBI this season, tying them for third on the single-season record list. Senior Caitlin Belanger's (Fall River, Mass.) 55 hits ties her for first on the record list. Belanger and freshman Alex Gustafson (Medford, Mass.) are tied for second with 21 walks and junior Gwen Reimer (Pottsville, Pa.) is tied for second with 14 doubles.