Overall: 14-19; Last Week: 2-4
Scoreboard: Harvard 8, Holy Cross 1, Cambridge, Mass., 4/12
Harvard 13, Holy Cross 4 (6 innings), Cambridge, Mass., 4/12
Bucknell 14, Holy Cross 6 (5 innings), Worcester, Mass., 4/16
Bucknell 4, Holy Cross 3, Worcester, Mass., 4/16
Holy Cross 4, Bucknell 2, Worcester, Mass., 4/17
Holy Cross 2, Bucknell 0, Worcester, Mass., 4/17
Schedule: Thursday, April 21, vs. Siena (DH), Loudonville, N.Y., 3:00/5:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 23, vs. Colgate (DH), Senior Day, Worcester, Mass., 12:00/2:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 24, vs. Colgate (DH), Worcester, Mass., 12:00/2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross softball team (14-19 overall, 8-4 Patriot League) will travel to Siena (14-19 overall, 4-5 MAAC) for a midweek doubleheader before wrapping up its Patriot League home stand with a four-game set against Colgate (19-15 overall, 10-1 Patriot League) on Saturday-Sunday, April 23-24.
- The Saints will host Central Connecticut State in a doubleheader on Tuesday, April 20 before welcoming the Crusaders to Loudonville on Thursday. Siena split a MAAC doubleheader with Manhattan on Saturday, April 16 and was rained out of a doubleheader with St. Peter's on Sunday, April 17. Last season, the Crusaders and the Saints split a doubleheader at Freshman Field with Holy Cross winning game one, 10-3, and Siena taking game two, 2-1.
- The Raiders are scheduled to travel to Cornell for a nonconference doubleheader on April 20 before making the trip to Worcester on April 23. Colgate swept Lehigh in a doubleheader on April 17 to reclaim first in the Patriot League. The Raiders and the Mountain Hawks were rained out of a game on Saturday and will make it up on a later date. The last time Colgate won two games in a regular season series against Lehigh was 1999. Colgate's loss to Lehigh was its first Patriot League loss of the season. The Raiders opened league play with a pair of four-game sweeps over Army and Bucknell.
- A year ago, Holy Cross split the four-game series with the Raiders in Hamilton, N.Y. on April 10-11. Colgate won both games on Saturday and the Crusaders took two on Sunday. Senior Erin Fleming (Townsend, Mass.), senior Caitlin Belanger (Fall River, Mass.) and sophomore Sam Fregenti (Melville, N.Y.) each homered in Holy Cross' wins.
- Colgate leads the Patriot League with a 10-1 league record after three weekends of play. Lehigh sits in second place with an 8-3 record after handing the Raiders their first league loss. Holy Cross is in third place with an 8-4 record, while Army, Bucknell and Lafayette round out the bottom of the league. Holy Cross will wrap up league play against Colgate and Lehigh.
- Saturday will serve as Senior Day for the 2011 Holy Cross softball team. The Crusaders will honor the five seniors with a presentation prior to the 12:00 p.m. game. Belanger, Fleming, Keeley Seniuk (Phoenix, Ariz.), Tiffany Medwid (Imperial, Pa.) and Katie Alexander (Tigard, Ore.) will be honored for their commitment and dedication to the Holy Cross softball team. In their four seasons for the Crusaders, the group has earned 51 victories, been named All-Patriot League five times and named to the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll six times.
- The 2011 senior class is making its mark in the Holy Cross record books. Fleming ranks sixth all-time with 491 career at bats, while Seniuk follows with 477. Seniuk ranks second all-time with 84 runs scored and third with 157 career hits. Seniuk's 34 doubles rank second and she set a new career home run record with 16. Seniuk and Fleming own the career RBI record with Seniuk in first with 85 career RBI and Fleming in second with 74. Belanger leads the Crusaders with 51 career stolen bases and is tied for third with 45 career walks. Belanger has also earned a spot on the career pitching record list, as she ranks sixth all-time with 23 complete games.
- In Sunday's game one win over Bucknell, Belanger tied the Holy Cross single-season runs scored record with her 31st run of the season, while her 52 hits this season are tied for third. Junior Gwen Reimer (Pottsville, Pa.) is third with 13 doubles, while Belanger is tied for fourth with 12. Seniuk's 26 RBI this season rank third and freshman Alex Gustafson's (Medford, Mass.) 19 walks are tied for third.
- Belanger has extended her on base streak to 29 games. The senior infielder has reached base safely in 32 of 33 games this season.
- Belanger continues to lead the Patriot League in batting average (.448), on base percentage (.519) and total bases (74). She ranks second with 14 stolen bases, 52 hits and 31 runs scored.
- Holy Cross continues to lead the league with a .289 team batting average. In 914 at bats, the Crusaders have scored 148 runs on 264 hits. Colgate's 2.15 team ERA leads the league, while Holy Cross ranks fifth with a 3.93 team ERA.