Holy Cross Softball Wraps Up 2010 Season
Overall Record: 14-31 (8-12 Patriot League)
Last Week: 1-4
Scoreboard: Bryant 7, Holy Cross 2, Worcester, Mass., 4/28
Holy Cross 3, Lehigh 2, Worcester, Mass., 5/1
Lehigh 7, Holy Cross 3, Worcester, Mass., 5/1
Lehigh 5, Holy Cross 2, Worcester, Mass., 5/2
Lehigh 5, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 5/2
Schedule: Season has concluded
- The Crusaders (14-31, 8-12 Patriot League) concluded the 2010 season with a four-game home stand against Lehigh May 1-2. Holy Cross' 14 overall wins and its eight league wins are the most since the 2003 season when the Crusaders finished with an overall record of 15-28 and went 10-10 in league play.
- The Crusaders finished the season with 100 stolen bases, the most in the Patriot League. Junior Caitlin Belanger (Fall River, Mass.) leads the league and set a new Holy Cross single-season record with 27 stolen bases. Junior Keeley Seniuk (Phoenix, Ariz.) and sophomore Gwen Reimer (Pottsville, Pa.) each finished the season with 15 stolen bases, tying them for third on the Holy Cross single-season record list. Senior Amanda Audette (New Bedford, Mass.) finished her career with 37 stolen bases, which are tied for third all-time at Holy Cross.
- Freshman Sam Fregenti (Melville, N.Y.) led the Crusaders with a .384 batting average, which is second on the Holy Cross single-season record list. Her .598 slugging percentage also led the team and ranks second on the Holy Cross single-season record list. Fregenti also made her mark in the record books with 12 doubles, four home runs and 18 walks. On April 12, Fregenti became just the second Crusaders to be named Patriot League Rookie of the Week. Fregenti batted .462 with three home runs and five RBI in five games and led the Crusaders to a sweep at Patriot League opponent Colgate.
- Junior Erin Fleming (Townsend, Mass.) helped re-write Holy Cross softball history in 2010. Fleming led the Crusaders with 153 at bats, the most in a single-season, scored 26 runs, which is tied for fifth all-time, and recorded 45 hits (ninth all-time). Fleming broke the single-season home run record with seven and recorded 30 RBI to set a new school record. On April 12, Fleming was named Patriot League Player of the Week after she hit four home runs and drove in eight runs in six contests, including home runs in each of Holy Cross' victories over Colgate.
- Belanger made her mark in the Holy Cross record books with 137 at bats, 25 runs and 48 hits. Belanger led the Crusader in the pitcher's circle with 13 complete games, a 3.67 ERA and eight wins. Belanger was named Patriot League Player of the Week and ECAC Player of the Week after leading Holy Cross to 4-2 record the week of April 19-25, including a 3-1 record against Patriot League opponent Lafayette. In six games, Belanger batted .526 with a .789 slugging percentage. She hit two doubles and had a grand slam to drive in eight runs.
- Senior Mandy Correale (Peabody, Mass.) completed her career with 463 at bats, seventh most all-time at Holy Cross, while her 24 career stolen bases rank eighth.
- Holy Cross' .294 team batting average was 40 points higher than a year ago. The 2010 Crusaders finished the season with 184 runs (up from 139 in 2009) and 364 hits, 60 more than a year ago. Holy Cross had 24 home runs, 15 more than in 2009, and recorded 401 total bases. The team slugging percentage was .409, up from .331 in 2009, and its on base percentage was .353, up 50 points from a year ago.