Overall Record: 13-27 (7-9 Patriot League)
Last Week: 4-2
Scoreboard: CCSU 11, Holy Cross 0 (5), New Britain, Conn., 4/22
Holy Cross 9, CCSU 7 (6), New Britain, Conn., 4/22
Holy Cross 9, Lafayette 2, Worcester, Mass., 4/24
Lafayette 3, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 4/24
Holy Cross 6, Lafayette 5 (10), Worcester, Mass., 4/25
Holy Cross 9, Lafayette 0 (5), Worcester, Mass., 4/25
Schedule: Wednesday, April 28, vs. Bryant, Worcester, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 1, vs. Lehigh (DH), Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m./2:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 2, vs. Lehigh (DH), Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m./2:00 p.m.
- The Crusaders (13-27, 7-9 Patriot League) wrap up the regular season with a mid-week game against Bryant on Wednesday, April 28 and then welcome Lehigh to Freshman Field on Saturday-Sunday, May 1-2 for their Patriot League regular season finale.
- Bryant (7-32) will play at Brown on Tuesday, April 27 before traveling to Worcester on Wednesday. On March 16 the Bulldogs defeated Holy Cross 7-2 in Smithfield, R.I. The match up was the Crusaders' first after their spring break trip to Florida.
- Lehigh (26-16, 9-5 Patriot League) will play Bucknell in a doubleheader on Wednesday, April 28 before traveling to Worcester for games on Saturday and Sunday. Inclement weather forced the Mountain Hawks and the Bison to postpone Sunday's doubleheader. The two teams split the first doubleheader of the weekend with Lehigh head coach Fran Troyan picking up his 500th career win. Both teams remain tied for second place in the league standings at 9-5, two games behind league-leading Army.
- Last year the Crusaders played Lehigh in the last weekend of Patriot League action, falling 0-4 in Bethlehem, Pa. Head coach Brian Claypool is 2-6 all-time versus the Mountain Hawks. When Lehigh traveled to Worcester in 2008, the two teams split the four-game series at Freshman Field.
- Holy Cross' .297 batting average ranks third in the league, with Colgate and Bucknell as the only two teams batting above 300. The Crusaders rank second with 327 hits and third with 22 home runs.
- Lehigh holds a team batting average of .295 and leads the league with 221 runs scored and 191 RBI. The Mountain Hawks have 326 hits on the season and lead the league in at bats, plate appearances and total bases.
- Holy Cross' 5.08 ERA is the highest in the league, as the Crusaders pitching staff has allowed 192 earned runs in 264.1 innings pitched. The Crusaders have also given up the most hits in the league with 376.
- The Crusaders lead the league with 89 stolen bases. Junior Caitlin Belanger (Fall River, Mass.) stole five bases over six games last week to break the Holy Cross single-season stolen base record with a league leading 23 stolen bases so far this season. Four other Crusaders own spots on the Patriot League's top 10 list.
- Belanger was named Patriot League Player of the Week for her performance last week. Against Lafayette, Belanger went eight for 14 with six RBI and stole four bases. For the week she batted .526 with a .789 slugging percentage.
- Junior Erin Fleming (Townsend, Mass.) recorded four RBI last week to break the Holy Cross single-season RBI record. Fleming has 30 RBI on the season which is tied for sixth in the league.
- In league games, Holy Cross has a team batting average of .313 and leads the league with 145 hits in league games. Senior Amanda Audette (New Bedford, Mass.) has hit eight doubles against league foes, which is a league best, while her .455 league batting average ranks third, her .705 slugging percentage is second and her .510 on base percentage ranks second.
- Freshman Jenna Legros (Sandy Hook, Conn.) pitched a complete game shut out to win her first career game in a Crusader uniform. The 9-0 win over Lafayette was the first shut out of the season for the Crusaders.
- Holy Cross will honor its five seniors before the start of Sunday's doubleheader against Lehigh. Audette, Elizabeth Foley (Charlton, Mass.), Courtney Nealon (Rochester, N.Y.), Mandy Correale (Peabody, Mass.) and Melissa Pivonka (Tolland, Conn.) will be honored for their four years of hard work, dedication and commitment to the Holy Cross softball program.