Overall Record: 9-25 (4-8 Patriot League)
Last Week: 1-5
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 10, Siena 3, Worcester, Mass., 4/13
Siena 2, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 4/13
Army 5, Holy Cross 4, West Point, N.Y., 4/17
Army 6, Holy Cross 3, West Point, N.Y., 4/17
Army 5, Holy Cross 4, West Point, N.Y., 4/18
Army 6, Holy Cross 3, West Point, N.Y., 4/18
Schedule: Thursday, April 22, vs. Central Connecticut (DH), New Britain, Conn., 3:00 p.m./5:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 24, vs. Lafayette (DH), Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m./2:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 25, vs. Lafayette (DH), Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m./2:00 p.m.
- The Crusaders (9-25 overall, 4-8 Patriot League) will travel to Central Connecticut for their last mid-week road trip of the season on Thursday, April 22, before hosting Lafayette in a four-game Patriot League series at Freshman Field on April 24-25.
- The Blue Devils (15-23 overall) split a doubleheader with Northeast Conference opponent Robert Morris on Sunday, April 18 to move to 6-6 in conference action. Central Connecticut split with common opponent Siena on April 5 and swept Bryant on April 10. The Blue Devils own a team batting average of .256 and a team ERA of 5.51.
- Last season, Holy Cross picked up its 13th win of the season against Central Connecticut at Freshman Field. The Crusaders played the Blue Devils in the final two games of the season, dropping game one, 4-1, and winning game two 10-2.
- Lafayette (13-26 overall) will play at St. Joseph's on Wednesday, April 21 before traveling to Worcester on Saturday-Sunday, April 24-25. The Leopards went 1-3 in Patriot League action against Lehigh on April 17-18 to 2-10 in league action. Lafayette's only other league win came against Bucknell on April 11. The Leopards win on April 11 ended a 10-game losing skid that began with a four-game sweep at Army.
- Holy Cross owns a 21-17 record over the Leopards in the last 10 seasons, including a 3-1 record against Lafayette last season. In the four-game series at Metzgar Field in Easton, Pa. a year ago, Holy Cross scored 11 runs on 37 hits to win the series.
- The Crusaders' .289 team batting average ranks third in the Patriot League, while the Leopards' .258 team batting average is sixth. Holy Cross has scored 141 runs on 269 hits, while Lafayette has scored 138 runs on 157 hits.
- The Leopards and the Crusaders own the bottom two ERA's in the league, with Lafayette recording an ERA of 4.81 and Holy Cross an ERA of 5.25. In 244.1 innings pitched, Lafayette pitchers have given up 309 hits and 168 earned runs. In 225.1 innings pitched, Holy Cross pitchers have allowed 323 hits and 169 earned runs.
- Junior Erin Fleming (Townsend, Mass.) set a new Holy Cross single-season home run record when she hit her sixth and seventh home runs of the season against Army last weekend. Fleming homered to centerfield in the first game of the series to break the record and then added one more with a home run to centerfield in the final game of the series. Fleming's seven home runs rank third in the Patriot League.
- Fleming leads the Crusaders with 26 RBI thus far this season which ranks second in the Holy Cross single-season record books. Michelle Fagnant holds the record with 28 RBI in 1991.
- Junior Caitlin Belanger (Fall River, Mass.) stole six bases in six games last week to tie the Holy Cross single-season stolen base record of 18 set by Jamie Olenoski in 1998. For her career, Belanger has stolen 28 bases. Belanger's 18 stolen bases lead the Patriot League and Holy Cross leads the league with 74.
- Senior Amanda Audette (New Bedford, Mass.) hit her 10th and 11th double of the season last weekend against Army. Audette's 11 doubles are tied for fifth on the Holy Cross single-season record list and rank fourth in the Patriot League.
- Freshman Sam Fregenti (Melville, N.Y.) is second in the Patriot League with a .654 slugging percentage. Fregenti has recorded 51 total bases in 78 at bats so far this season.