Overall Record: 8-20 (4-4 Patriot League)
Last Week: 2-4
Scoreboard: Harvard 9, Holy Cross 6, Worcester, Mass., 4/6
Harvard 6, Holy Cross 3, Worcester, Mass., 4/6
Colgate 8, Holy Cross 2, Hamilton, N.Y., 4/10
Colgate 9, Holy Cross 8, Hamilton, N.Y., 4/10
Holy Cross 8, Colgate 6, Hamilton, N.Y., 4/11
Holy Cross 10, Colgate 9, Hamilton, N.Y., 4/11
Schedule: Tuesday, April 13, vs. Siena (DH), Worcester, Mass., 3:00 p.m./5:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 17, at Army (DH), West Point, N.Y, 12:00 p.m./2:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 18, at Army (DH), West Point, N.Y., 12:00 p.m./2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross softball team (8-20, 4-4 Patriot League) will host a mid-week doubleheader with Siena on Tuesday, April 13 before hitting the road for a four-game series with Patriot League opponent Army on Saturday-Sunday, April 17-18.
- The Saints (4-27, 0-4 MAAC) dropped two conference games this past weekend, scoring just two runs in a doubleheader at Canisius. Siena has played all 31 games on the road this season and will wrap up a road trip that has spanned three months at Holy Cross on Tuesday. The Saints open the 2010 home season on April 14 with a doubleheader against Colgate. Earlier in the year, Siena dropped two games to Army, falling 6-0 and 8-2 at West Point.
- Last year, the Crusaders and the Saints were washed out of a doubleheader scheduled in Loudonville, N.Y. The last time these two teams met was in 2006 in Loudonville with the Crusaders winning game one, 5-1, and the Saints taking game two, 9-3.
- Army (18-14, 6-2 Patriot League) remains atop the Patriot League standings after the first two weeks of league play. The Black Knights opened league action with a four-game sweep of Lafayette and then split the four-game series with Lehigh. Army's win over Lehigh on Saturday, April 10, snapped a 14-game losing streak to the Mountain Hawks dating back to 2007.
- A year ago, Holy Cross' 4-3 win over Army in the final game of the four-game league series ended a nine game losing streak for the Crusaders. Holy Cross is 2-6 against Army under the guidance of head coach Brian Claypool.
- Freshman Sam Fregenti (Melville, N.Y.) leads the Patriot League with a .667 slugging percentage. Her .413 batting average is fourth and her .513 on base percentage is third. In 63 at bats in a Crusader uniform, Fregenti has accumulated 26 hits and 12 RBI.
- Junior Erin Fleming (Townsend, Mass.) and Fregenti were named Patriot League Player and Rookie of the Week for their performances in last week's games. Together the duo hit seven home runs in six games, including home runs in Holy Cross' two wins over Colgate on Sunday.
- In six games last week, Holy Cross hit 11 home runs. For the season, the Crusaders have 15 home runs which are tied for second in the Patriot League. Fleming tied the Holy Cross single-season home run record with her fifth home run of the season last weekend. Her five home runs are tied for second in the league.
- Junior Keeley Seniuk (Phoenix, Ariz.) hit her 10th career home run in Holy Cross' second game against Colgate on Saturday, April 10, moving her into third on the Holy Cross career home run list.
- Sophomore Gwen Reimer (Pottsville, Pa.) is third in the league with 13 stolen bases. In 72 career games, Reimer has 28 stolen bases which are tied for fifth all-time on the Holy Cross career stolen base list. Reimer finished her freshman campaign with 15 stolen bases, ranking second on the Holy Cross single-season record list.