Overall Record: 6-16 (2-2 Patriot League)
Last Week: 2-4
Scoreboard: Hartford 11, Holy Cross 8, Worcester, Mass., 3/31
Hartford 7, Holy Cross 3, Worcester, Mass., 3/31
Bucknell 8, Holy Cross 0 (5), Lewisburg, Pa., 4/3
Bucknell 8, Holy Cross 1, Lewisburg, Pa., 4/3
Holy Cross 2, Bucknell 1 (8), Lewisburg, Pa., 4/4
Holy Cross 5, Bucknell 4, Lewisburg, Pa., 4/4
Schedule: Tuesday, April 6, vs. Harvard (DH), Worcester, Mass., 3:00 p.m./5:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 10, at Colgate (DH), Hamilton, N.Y., 12:00 p.m./2:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 11, at Colgate (DH), Hamilton, N.Y., 12:00 p.m./2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross softball team (6-16, 2-2 Patriot League) returns to Freshman Field on Tuesday, April 6 for a doubleheader against Harvard. The Crusaders travel to Hamilton, N.Y. on April 10-11 for their second weekend of Patriot League play against Colgate.
- The Harvard Crimson (9-15, 3-1 Ivy League) travel west to Worcester after going 3-1 in Ivy League action over the weekend. The Crimson split a doubleheader with defending Ivy League champion Cornell on Saturday and sophomore pitcher Rachel Brown pitched a no-hitter in the first game of a doubleheader sweep of Princeton on Friday. On March 16, the Crimson dropped a 7-6 contest to common opponent Bucknell at Loyola Marymount.
- Last season, the Crusaders dropped a 3-0 game to the Crimson in Cambridge, Mass. Sophomore Gwen Reimer (Pottsville, Pa.) stole her 15th base of the year, which is second on the Holy Cross single-season record list. Holy Cross is looking for its first win over Harvard since the 1998 season when it defeated the Crimson 2-0 at Freshman Field.
- Colgate entered Patriot League action last weekend with a league-leading 17-5 record, but suffered three losses at Lehigh to fall to 18-8 overall (1-3 Patriot League). The Raiders have the most wins in the league, but rank fifth in the Patriot League standings. Colgate went 2-0 against common opponent St. Bonaventure at the Norfork State Tournament earlier in the season and then split a pair of games with Hartford at the Rebel Spring Games. The Raiders will have their home opener at the Eaton Street Field in Hamilton, N.Y. on Thursday, April 8 against Marist.
- Colgate has a league leading .312 team batting average, while the Crusaders rank fourth with a .290 average. The Raiders’ 2.77 team ERA also ranks first, while Holy Cross’ 5.25 is last. In league play, Holy Cross has a .267 team batting average, while the Raiders rank last with a .250 average.
- In Patriot League play a year ago, Holy Cross suffered four league losses at the hand of the Raiders. The third game of the four-game series was tied 1-1 until the 10th inning when Colgate scored three runs on four hits to win the game. In 2008, the Crusaders ended the Raiders chance at making the Patriot League tournament with two wins in the last regular season games, including a 12-10 nine inning thriller.
- With its two wins over Bucknell on Sunday, April 4, Holy Cross ended its 11 game losing streak, the longest since 2007. The two-game sweep was the first sweep over the Bison since 2002 when the Crusaders took two games from Bucknell on Sunday, April 7 in Lewisburg, Pa.
- Junior Caitlin Belanger (Fall River, Mass.) and Reimer rank third and fourth in the Patriot League with 12 and nine stolen bases a piece. Holy Cross leads the league with 52 stolen bases. A year ago, the Crusaders finished the season with 102 stolen bases and Reimer led the charge with 15.
- Reimer picked up three RBI in the Crusader’s two wins over Bucknell, including both runs batted in in the 2-1, eight inning win. Junior Erin Fleming (Townsend, Mass.) leads the team with 13 RBI.