Crusaders Set To Travel To Boston University
Overall Record: 4-10 (0-0 Patriot League)
Last Week: 0-5
Scoreboard: Bryant 7, Holy Cross 2, Smithfield, R.I., 3/16
Stony Brook 4, Holy Cross 3 (9), Stony Brook, N.Y., 3/20
Quinnipiac 1, Holy Cross 0, Stony Brook, N.Y., 3/20
Yale 5, Holy Cross 1, Stony Brook, N.Y., 3/21
Fairfield 8, Holy Cross 4, Stony Brook, N.Y., 3/21
Schedule: Saturday, March 27, at Boston University (DH), Boston, Mass., 1:00 p.m./3:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross softball team (4-10) returns to action in New England, taking on Boston University on Saturday, March 27 in a doubleheader at the BU Softball Field starting at 1:00 p.m.
- The Terriers (10-10) will play a single game at Harvard on Thursday, March 25 before hosting Holy Cross in their home opener. BU’s five game win streak was broken in a 2-1 loss to Hofstra on Saturday, March 21. Last season the Crusaders were outscored by the Terriers 19-1 as they dropped both games of the doubleheader at Freshman Field.
- Freshman Sam Fregenti (Melville, N.Y.) started in all five games last week, recording a .462 batting average over the week. Fregenti leads the Crusaders with a .412 batting average, recording a team leading 14 hits in 34 at bats. She owns a seven game hitting streak, the longest on the team, and leads the Crusaders with four doubles.
- Sophomore Nicole Ortiz (Whittier, Calif.) and freshman Alex Campione (Townsend, Mass.) each hit a home run in Holy Cross’ game against Stony Brook on Saturday, March 20. So far this season, four different Crusaders have hit a home run.
- The Crusaders rank second in the Patriot League with 108 hits, including 17 doubles. Holy Cross’ 16 sacrifice bunts, four sacrifice flies and 33 stolen bases also rank second in the league.
- In 96 total innings pitched, the Holy Cross pitching staff has struck out 51 batters and 21 of those batters have struck out looking.
- Junior Katie Alexander’s (Tigard, Ore.) 1.94 ERA leads the Crusaders and is second in the Patriot League. Alexander has allowed just five earned runs in 18 innings pitched.