Overall Record: 4-5 (0-0 Patriot League)
Last Week: 3-4
Scoreboard: St. Francis 3, Holy Cross 2, Rebel Spring Games, Kissimmee, Fla., 3/2
Valparaiso 8, Holy Cross 0, Rebel Spring Games, Kissimmee, Fla., 3/2
Dayton 10, Holy Cross 9, Rebel Spring Games, Kissimmee, Fla., 3/3
Valparaiso 7, Holy Cross 5, Rebel Spring Games, Kissimmee, Fla., 3/3
Holy Cross 3, Maine 1, Rebel Spring Games, Kissimmee, Fla., 3/4
Holy Cross 4, St. Francis 3, Rebel Spring Games, Kissimmee, Fla., 3/4
Holy Cross 8, South Dakota 1, Rebel Spring Games, Kissimmee, Fla., 3/5
Schedule: No scheduled games
- The Holy Cross softball team (4-5) will take the week off after opening the season at the Rebel Spring Games in Kissimmee, Fla. The Crusaders are set to kick off action in New England on March 16 at Bryant.
- Holy Cross returned from its spring trip with four wins and a .444 win percentage, it’s best ever at the Rebel Spring Games. Last year the Crusaders picked up their most wins at a Rebel Spring Games when they won five games. This is the second time that Holy Cross has won four games at the tournament, the first in 2005 when they returned home with a record of 4-6. Holy Cross is 24-62 all-time at the Rebel Spring Games.
- The Crusaders won their first game of the tournament and then their last three to pick up four wins. Holy Cross’ 2010 trip to Florida was eerily similar with its 2009 trip. On both trips, the Crusaders opened with a 9-7 victory and then didn’t win again until the last two days of the tournament. Holy Cross currently holds a three-game win streak as its four-game win streak at the Rebel Spring Games a year ago was the longest since the 2003 season when it won seven games beginning on April 15 and ending April 20.
- Three Crusaders hit three doubles at the Rebel Spring Games. Rookie Sam Fregenti (Melville, N.Y.) and juniors Caitlin Belanger (Fall River, Mass.) and Keeley Seniuk (Phoenix, Ariz.) each hit three doubles, while the team recorded 14 doubles for the week.
- Seniuk and junior Erin Fleming (Townsend, Mass.) each hit a two-run home run at the Rebel Spring Games. Fleming and Seniuk lead the Crusaders with nine hits apiece, while Fleming leads the team with eight RBI and Seniuk is second with six. Seniuk’s home run moved her into a tie for third all-time on the Holy Cross career home run list with nine career home runs.
- The Crusaders’ four wins are second in the Patriot League as Colgate leads the league with five wins on the season. Holy Cross’ nine games are the most played in by a Patriot League opponent thus far. The team’s .301 batting average ranks third in the league, as the Crusaders have gone to the plate 90 more times more than any other league opponent. The Crusaders’ 4.20 ERA is tied for second in the league.
- Belanger is third in the Patriot League with a 1.48 ERA. Her 23.2 innings pitched are the most in the league, she is tied for first with 15 strike outs and leads the league with seven strike outs looking.