Overall: 2-9-4 (2-4-0 Patriot League); Last Week: 0-1-1
Scoreboard: UMass-Lowell 0, Holy Cross 0 (2OT), Worcester, Mass., 10/15
Navy 2, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 10/18
Schedule: Wednesday, Oct. 23 vs. Army, Worcester, Mass., 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 26 at Bucknell, Lewisburg, Pa., 12:00 p.m.
- This week, the Holy Cross women's soccer team will play a pair of Patriot League matches, one at home and one on the road. On Wednesday, Oct. 23, the Crusaders will host Army (5-7-3, 1-3-2 PL) at the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium. The Crusaders will travel to take on Bucknell (5-8-1, 2-3-1 PL) on Saturday, Oct. 26.
- Holy Cross is 6-16-3 versus Army all time, but defeated Army 1-0 in last season's matchup in Worcester, Mass on Sept. 29, 2012. Holy Cross is looking to defeat Bucknell for the first time in eight years, with their last win against the Bison coming on Oct. 16, 2004. The Crusaders hold a 5-16-2 all-time record against Bucknell.
- The Crusaders (2-9-4, 2-4-0 PL) went 0-1-1 last week with a 0-0 tie in double overtime in the first ever matchup between Holy Cross and UMass-Lowell on Tuesday, Oct. 15. Holy Cross was shut out in a 2-0 defeat at home by Navy on Friday, Oct. 18.
- Holy Cross is led offensively by sophomore forward Annie Galvin (Attleboro, Mass.) who ranks first on the squad with two goals and five points. Crusader junior midfielder Gina Righini (Salem, N.H.) leads the team with two assists on the year and 27 total shots. Both Galvin and Righini each have one game-winning goal.
- Freshman goalie Brooke Holle (Upper Saddle River, N.J.) made her first collegiate start at home against UMass-Lowell. Holle shut out UMass-Lowell in 110 minutes of action.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's soccer team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.