Overall: 2-7-3, (2-2-0 Patriot League); Last Week: 1-1-0
Scoreboard: Boston University 3, Holy Cross 0, Boston, Mass., 10/2
Holy Cross 3, Lafayette 1, Worcester, Mass., 10/5
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 12 at Colgate, Hamilton, N.Y., 4:30 p.m.
- This week, the Holy Cross women's soccer team travels to Hamilton, N.Y. to take on Patriot League opponent Colgate on Saturday, Oct. 12 at 4:30 p.m. The Raiders play one midweek game versus Army on Wednesday, Oct. 9, before they entertain the Crusaders. Colgate has a 6-4-0 overall record and a 2-1-0 mark in Patriot League games. Last year, Colgate defeated Holy Cross 3-0 on Oct. 7 in Hamilton, N.Y.
- The Crusaders (2-7-3, 2-2-0 PL) went 1-1-0 last week, beginning with a 3-0 loss at Boston University on Wednesday, Oct. 2. Holy Cross bounced back on Saturday, Oct. 5 and defeated Lafayette, 3-1, at home. The Crusaders are currently tied with Bucknell for fifth place in the Patriot League.
- Although Holy Cross was shutout in its first contest of the week, the Crusaders stepped up offensively in the second game, as they scored a season-best three goals against the Leopards. Sophomore midfielder Megan Greineder (East Greenwich, R.I.) tied the score at 1-1 versus Lafayette, as junior midfielder Gina Righini (Salem, N.H.) netted the game-winner with an assist by sophomore forward Annie Galvin (Attleboro, Mass.) Galvin added an insurance goal later versus Lafayette with an assist by Righini to claim the 3-1 victory.
- Galvin ranks first on Holy Cross with two goals and five points, while Righini ranks first with a pair of assists and second with four total points. Righini is tied for eighth in the Patriot League in assists, while Galvin ranks ninth in the conference with 23 shots.
- Holy Cross junior goalkeeper Carly McCabe (Barrington, R.I.) ranks fourth in the Patriot League in goals against average (0.96), save percentage (0.818) and shutouts per game (0.33), while she is fifth in saves per game (4.50). McCabe leads all Patriot League goalkeepers with 1129:40 minutes played this season in 12 contests.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's soccer team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.