Holy Cross Opens Patriot League Schedule At Loyola
Overall: 0-5-2, (0-0-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-2-1
Scoreboard: Bryant 1, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 9/10
Hartford 0, Holy Cross 0 (2OT), Fairfield, Conn., 9/13 (Fairfield Invitational)
Fairfield 2, Holy Cross 1 (OT), Fairfield, Conn., 9/15 (Fairfield Invitational)
Schedule: Saturday, Sept. 21 at Loyola (Md.), Baltimore, Md., 1:00 p.m.
- This week, the Holy Cross women's soccer team will begin its Patriot League slate with a road contest at Loyola (Md.) on Saturday, Sept. 21 at 1:00 p.m. The Greyhounds are 1-4-1 on the season and will play George Mason on Tuesday, Sept. 17. Loyola is led offensively by Charlotte Miller, who ranks first on the team and sixth in the Patriot League with two goals. This will be the first matchup between Holy Cross and the Greyhounds.
- The Crusaders went 0-2-1 last week, with losses to Bryant on Sept. 10 (1-0) and Fairfield on Sept. 15 (2-1, OT). Holy Cross forced a 0-0 draw versus Hartford on Sept. 13. The games versus Hartford and Fairfield were part of the Fairfield Women's Soccer Invitational.
- During the Fairfield Invitational, Holy Cross juniors Ally Pasquariello (Suffield, Conn.) and Gina Righini (Salem, N.H.), as well as sophomore Megan Greineder (East Greenwich, R.I.) were named to the All-Tournament Team. Pasquariello scored her first career goal on a penalty kick versus Fairfield.
- Holy Cross junior goalkeeper Carly McCabe (Barrington, R.I.) earned her second shutout of the season and the eighth of her career during the double overtime draw against Hartford. She made six total saves against the Stags and only allowed three goals on the week, while making 13 total stops. McCabe ranks fourth in the Patriot League with 27 saves on the season and is fifth with a 0.94 goals against average.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's soccer team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.