Crusaders To Play Pair Of Contests This Week
Overall: 0-2-0, (0-0-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-1-0
Scoreboard: Wagner 2, Holy Cross 0, Staten Island, N.Y., 9/1
Schedule: Tuesday, Sept. 3 vs. Manhattan, Worcester, Mass., 6:00 p.m. Live stats / Video
Sunday, Sept. 8 at Quinnipiac, Hamden, Conn., 1:00 p.m.
- This week, the Holy Cross women's soccer team will play two contests. On Tuesday, Sept. 3, the Crusaders will host their home opener at 6:00 p.m. against Manhattan (1-2-0) at the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium. The game can be viewed online free of charge via Crusader Vision. Click here to watch the game. The Crusaders will also head to Hamden, Conn. to take on Quinnipiac (0-2) on Sunday, Sept. 8 at 6:00 p.m. Holy Cross is 3-2-0 all-time versus Manhattan and holds a 4-7-0 overall record against Quinnipiac.
- Holy Cross dropped its lone contest of the week on Sunday, Sept. 1, as it fell to Wagner, 2-0. The Seahawks scored a pair of first half goals, as the Crusaders were unable to put any in the back of the net. Holy Cross freshman forward Christina Napolitano (Concord, Mass.) tallied game-highs of seven shots and four shots on goal.
- Crusaders junior goalkeeper Carly McCabe (Barrington, R.I.) made three stops in the game at Wagner, bringing her 2013 total to 10 saves. She holds a 1.50 goals against average this season and a .769 save percentage.
- Holy Cross was picked to finish in a tie for eighth in the Patriot League Women's Soccer Preseason Poll with 47 points. New Patriot League member Boston University was voted to finish in first place with 152 points, while 2012 runner up Navy (144 points; four first place votes) and defending champion Colgate (138 points; four first place votes) round out the top three.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's soccer team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.