Overall: 0-0-0 (0-0-0 Patriot League)
Schedule: Friday, August 23 vs. Maine, Portland, Maine, 4:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's soccer team kicks off the 2013 season with a road contest versus Maine that will be played in Portland, Maine on Friday, August 23 at 4:00 p.m. The Crusaders are coming off a 4-0 exhibition victory over Siena on Sunday, August 18. Holy Cross heads into this contest with a 7-5 overall record versus the Black Bears. Maine was chosen to finish third in the America East Preseason Poll.
- Holy Cross was picked to finish in a tie for eighth in the Patriot League Women's Soccer Preseason Poll with 47 points. New Patriot League member Boston University was voted to finish in first place with 152 points, while 2012 runner up Navy (144 points; four first place votes) and defending champion Colgate (138 points; four first place votes) round out the top three.
- The Crusaders return 16 players from the 2012 roster and welcome seven newcomers to the squad. Junior midfielder/forward Gina Righini (Salem, N.H.) looks to lead Holy Cross in 2013, as she was named first team All-Patriot League last year leading the team with five goals. In 35 career games, Righini has nine goals and two assists for 20 points.
- Junior goalkeeper Carly McCabe (Barrington, R.I.) will begin the season between the pipes for the Crusaders. In 2012, McCabe was one of the Patriot League's top keepers, as she led the conference with an .842 save percentage and 5.71 saves per game. She ranked second in the league with a 1.11 goals against average. McCabe is currently the all-time Holy Cross GAA leader with 1.17 goals allowed per game.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's soccer team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.