Women's Soccer To Conclude Regular Season At Lehigh
Overall: 6-10-1 (2-3-0 PL); Last Week: 0-3-0
Scoreboard: Harvard 4, Holy Cross 0, Cambridge, Mass., 10/16
American 1, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 10/19
Navy 2, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 10/21
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 27 at Lehigh, Bethlehem, Pa., 2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's soccer team will conclude the 2012 regular season on Saturday, Oct. 27, at Lehigh at 2:00 p.m. The Crusaders have been eliminated from playoff contention.
- Lehigh holds a record of 4-12-0 overall and 2-4-0 in conference action. The Mountain Hawks are coming off back-to-back wins against Bucknell (2-1) and Colgate (1-0). Murphee Greeley leads the team with eight points on three goals and two assists. Ani Nahapetian has seen the most action in goal with just over 654 minutes, allowing 14 goals while making 44 saves for a 1-4-0 record.
- The Crusaders are coming off a tough weekend during which they lost two games. The team currently sits in seventh place in the Patriot League standings. Bucknell, which can clinch the fourth and final playoff spot with a win on Saturday versus Navy, holds a playoff tiebreaker with the Crusaders after defeating Holy Cross earlier this season.
- Sophomore Gina Righini (Salem, N.H.) scored her team-high fifth goal of the season in the Crusaders' 2-1 loss versus Navy on Sunday (10/21). Righini now has 12 points on the season. Sophomore goalkeeper Carly McCabe (Barrington, R.I.) holds a 0.99 goals against average and .852 save percentage, making 75 saves while allowing just 13 scores.
- Holy Cross can still mathematically finish the season tied for fourth place with a win over Lehigh and a Bucknell loss. However, if Bucknell defeats or ties Navy on Saturday, the Bison will clinch the fourth and final playoff spot. If Bucknell loses, it still holds the tiebreaker over the Crusaders despite holding the same record. Army and Lehigh are still in contention to overtake Bucknell in the standings based on the tie breaker system, but everything will be determined around this weekend's results.