Overall: 6-7-1 (2-2-0 PL); Last Week: 1-0-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 2, Lafayette 1, Worcester, Mass., 10/13
Schedule: Tuesday, Oct. 16 at Harvard, Cambridge, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 19 vs. American, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 21 vs. Navy, Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's soccer team will play three games this week. The team returns to the pitch tonight, Tuesday, Oct. 16, traveling to Harvard for its final non-conference game of the season at 7:00 p.m. The Crusaders will then play their final regular season Patriot League home games against Navy on Friday, Oct. 19 at 7:00 p.m. and versus American on Sunday, Oct. 21. at 1:00 p.m.
- Harvard holds a record of 6-3-3 (2-1-1 Ivy) and is led by sophomore Meg Casscells-Hamby who has five goals and three assists for 13 points. In goal, sophomore Bethany Kanten has seen the most time for the Crimson making 38 saves while allowing 14 goals over 11 games. The Crusaders hold an all-time record of 2-14-1 versus Harvard and have not played each other since 2009. The last time Holy Cross defeated the Crimson was Oct. 17, 2006 by a score of 2-1 in overtime.
- American is 5-8-2 (3-1-0 Patriot League) this season. Seniors Jasmine Mohandesi and Michelle Montilio lead the team with nine points each. Mohandesi has four goals and one assist while Montilio has tallied three goals and three assists. Sophomore Charlene Belanger has made 64 saves while allowing 17 goals in 13 games this season and holds a record of 5-6-2. The Crusaders are 2-7-2 all-time versus American, last defeating the Eagles 5-1 on Sept. 29, 2002. Holy Cross and American have played to a draw in two of the previous four seasons, including last season in Washington, D.C.
- Navy holds an overall record of 15-1-1 and 3-0-1 mark in the Patriot League and will face Army in West Points, N.Y. on Friday, Oct. 19 before traveling to Worcester. Junior Ashlynn Soellner has 24 points with nine goals and six assists in 17 games. Sophomore Morgan Dankanich is just behind Soellner with 23 points, tallying 10 goals and three assists this season. Junior Elizabeth Hoerner has allowed 17 goals while making 60 saves and holds a record of 13-1-1 on the season. Holy Cross has not defeated the Midshipmen since Sept. 23, 2000 by a score of 1-0 and holds an all-time record of 2-15-1 versus Navy.
- Sophomore Ally Pasquariello (Suffield, Conn.) was named BRINE Patriot League Defensive Player of the Week last week for the first time in her career. She tallied an assist on sophomore Gina Righini's (Salem, N.H.) game-winning goal versus Lafayette for her first career point. IT was the first time since the 2009 season a Crusader has won Defensive Player of the Week.
- Righini leads the team with 10 points off of four goals and two assists. Sophomore goalkeeper Carly McCabe (Barrington, R.I.) is now above .500 with a record of 5-4-1 having allowed 10 goals in just over 1,008 minutes of action. She leads the Patriot League with a 0.89 goals against average and .875 save percentage.
- The Crusader are currently tied for fourth in the Patriot League standings. If Navy, Colgate, American and Bucknell all win on Friday, Army, Lafayette and Lehigh will be eliminated from playoff contention.