Women's Soccer Readies For Two Patriot League Road Games
Overall: 5-5-1 (1-0-0 PL); Last Week: 1-0-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 1, Army 0, Worcester, Mass., 9/29
Schedule: Friday, Oct. 5 at Bucknell, Lewisburg, Pa., 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 7 at Colgate, Hamilton, N.Y., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's soccer team now holds a record of 5-5-1 (1-0-0 PL) on the season. The Crusaders will return to action this weekend, traveling to Bucknell on Friday, Oct. 5 for a 7:00 p.m. match and then to Colgate on Sunday, Oct. 7 for a 1:00 p.m. contest.
- Bucknell enters the game with a record of 7-5-0 overall and 0-1-0 record in the Patriot League. The Bison are coming off a 4-1 loss at home to Colgate and will play its final non-conference game of the week this afternoon, Oct. 2, against Penn State. Bucknell is led by junior forward Chelsey Garkowski who has netted seven goals and added two assists for 17 points this season. In goal, senior Sandita McDermott has started all 12 games this season and holds a 1.47 goals against average while accumulating a .777 save percentage. She has made 60 saves thus far on the season.
- Colgate currently holds a record of 6-4-2 (1-0-0 PL) and will host Army on Friday before the Crusaders come to town. The Raiders are led by senior forward Jillian Kinter who has tallied eight goals and seven assists for 23 points on the season. She leads the Patriot League in points, shots per game (3.58) and points per game (1.92). Senior Ashley Walsh who leads the conference with 62 saves in 12 games this season. She maintains a 1.82 goals against average and .738 save percentage.
- The Crusaders opened conference play with a 1-0 victory over Army last week (9/29). It was the first time Holy Cross downed the Black Knights since 1995. Sophomore goalkeeper Carly McCabe (Barrington, Conn.) tallied her fourth shutout of the season and was named the BRINE Patriot League Goalkeeper of the Week for the second time this season, tying her career-high mark of 12 saves during the victory. She currently leads the Patriot League in four statistical categories, including goals against average (.061), save percentage (.914), saves per game (6.62) and shutouts per game (0.50). She is also third in overall saves with 53 over eight contests.
- Sophomore Gina Righini (Salem, N.H.) tallied her first game-winning goal of the season against Army. She is now tied for first on the team with eight points on three goals and two assists. Freshman Annie Galvin (Attleboro, Mass.) has scored four goals for eight points. Galvin is seven in the conference with 0.36 goals per game and is tied for seventh in goals.
- Senior Hannah Earner (Pembroke, Mass.) and freshman Megan Greineder (East Greenwich, R.I.) are also in to top-10 of Patriot League statistical categories. Earner is tied for third with two game-winning goals, while Greineder is tied for 10th in assists with two.