Overall: 4-5-1 (0-0-0 PL); Last Week: 1-1-0
Scoreboard: New Hampshire 2, Holy Cross 1, Overtime, Worcester, Mass., 9/19
Holy Cross 1, Manhattan 0, Riverdale, N.Y., 9/22
Schedule: Saturday, Sept. 29 vs. Army, Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's soccer team (4-5-1 overall) will open up Patriot League play this week with a home contest versus Army on Saturday, Sept. 29, at 1:00 p.m. at the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium. The game will be broadcasted live online on Crusader Vision.
- Army enters the game with a record of 5-6-0 most recently earning a 3-2 victory over Columbia (9/23) at home. The Black Knights are led by juniors Kim An and Joey Molacek, each with four goals and two assists for 10 points. In net, sophomore Linda Rosas has gotten the majority of the playing time, starting nine of Army's 11 games, totaling 43 saves while allowing 12 goals in 767:54 of action.
- The Crusaders hold an all-time record of 5-16-3 against the defending Patriot League champions. Holy Cross has not defeated the Black Knights since a 2-0 victory on October 28, 1995. The Crusaders have played to a draw versus Army in three of the previous 16 seasons.
- Freshman Annie Galvin (Attleboro, Mass.) netted her team-high fourth goal of the season in Holy Cross' match versus New Hampshire (9/19). She now has eight points on the year and is seventh in the Patriot League in goals and goals per game. Galvin was named BRINE Patriot League Rookie of the Week for Sept. 17-23. It was the first time in her career she was recognized by the league for her performance.
- Senior Maura Fox (Shrewsbury, Mass.) and sophomore Gina Righini (Salem, N.H.) are just behind Galvin with two goals and two assists for six points. In goal, sophomore Carly McCabe (Barrington, R.I.) continues to lead the conference in goals-against average (.061) and save percentage (.891).