Overall: 1-2-1 (0-0-0 PL); Last Week: 0-2-0
Scoreboard: Bryant 1, Holy Cross 0, Smithfield, R.I., 8/30
Quinnipiac 1, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 9/2
Schedule: Tuesday, Sept. 4 at Rhode Island, Kingston, R.I., 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 9 vs. Fairfield, Worcester, Mass., 3:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's soccer team (1-2-0 overall) will play two matches this week. The team will travel to Kingston, R.I. to take on Rhode Island tonight, Sept. 4, at 7:00 p.m. The Crusaders will then return home for a 3:00 p.m. contest on Sunday, Sept. 9, versus Fairfield at the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium.
- Rhode Island has opened its season with a record of 4-1, most recently defeating common Crusader opponent Bryant by a score of 2-1 on Sunday, Sept. 2. The Crusaders will look to become the first team to defeat Rhode Island at home this season, with all four of the team's victories so far coming at the URI Soccer Complex. The Rams are led offensively by senior Ashley Evangelista who has played in all five games and recorded two goals and two assists for six points.
- Fairfield currently holds a record of 2-2 and will play host to Hartford on Friday, Sept. 7, before traveling to Worcester for Sunday's match. Both the Stags' victories were 1-0 contests. Senior Lauren Reilly and junior Carly Beyar have recorded the only two goals for Fairfield this season.
- The Crusaders are 5-11-0 all-time versus Rhode Island and 1-7-1 all-time versus Fairfield. Last season, Holy Cross fell to Fairfield by a score of 1-0 at the Fairfield Classic on Sept. 11. The team's only win over the Stags came on Oct. 4, 1992, 2-1. The Crusaders last played Rhode Island in its opening game of the 2010 season (Aug. 27), shutting out the Rams 2-0.
- Holy Cross junior Cassie Muzik (Massapequa, N.Y.) and senior Maura Fox (Shrewsbury, Mass.) are tied for the team lead with four points. Muzik has tallied two goals and leads the team with 13 shots, including six shots-on-goal. Fox has recorded one goal and two assists and holds a .600 shots-on-goal percentage.
- Sophomore Carly McCabe (Barrington, R.I.) and Ashlyn Angell (Raleigh, N.C.) have split time in net this season, each starting two games. Angell holds a record of 1-1 having made nine saves while allowing two goals. McCabe has totaled 16 saves and has a team-high 0.90 goals-against average.