November 1, 2011
Women's Soccer Concludes Season
Overall: 2-12-3 (0-5-1 PL)
Scoreboard: Lehigh vs. Holy Cross; postponed, Worcester, Mass., 10/29
Schedule: Season has concluded
- The Holy Cross women's soccer team (2-12-3 overall, 0-5-1 Patriot League) concluded the 2011 season on Saturday, Oct. 29 with a Patriot League game against Lehigh. Due to heavy snowfall, the officials stopped the match at 34:19 of the first half. By NCAA rule, 70 minutes must be completed for the game to be official. The match will not be re-played since the outcome would not have influenced seeding for the Patriot League Tournament.
- Colgate, a second place pre-season selection, will host the Patriot League Tournament with Lafayette claiming the number two seed, Navy taking third and Army finishing fourth. Lehigh and Bucknell, both top four pre-season selections, were unable to find a way in the Tournament.
- Seniors Micaela Collins (Skillman, N.J.), Kelsey Dillon (Barrington, R.I.), Liz Early (Rockville Centre, N.Y.), Michaela Morgan (Centerville, Ohio), Biz Shenk (Chatham, N.J.) and Lauren Wright (Biglerville, Pa.) were honored before the start of the Lehigh match.
- Freshman forward Gina Righini (Salem, N.H.) finished the regular season ranked sixth in the Patriot League in goals scored with 4 goals.
- Freshman goalkeeper Carly McCabe (Barrington, R.I.) wraps up her first season as the leader of Patriot League goalkeepers with her 86 saves on the year. She also led the league in saves per game with a 6.14 save/game average.