October 18, 2011
Women’s Soccer Ready For Three Matches This Week
Overall: 2-10-2 (0-4-0 PL); Last Week: 0-1-0
Scoreboard: Lafayette 1, Holy Cross 0, Easton, Pa., 10/15
Schedule: Tuesday, Oct. 18 vs. Brown, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 21 at American, Washington, D.C., 3:00 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 23 at Navy, Annapolis, Md., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's soccer team (2-10-2 overall, 0-4-0 Patriot League) continues action this week with their final non-conference match at home against Brown (8-4-1) on Tuesday, Oct. 18 at 7:00 p.m. The Crusaders will then hit the road this weekend for a pair of Patriot League contests. The Crusaders will travel to Washington, D.C., to take on American (5-10-1 overall, 1-3-0 Patriot League) on Friday, Oct. 21 at 3:00 p.m and then compete at Navy (9-5-3 overall, 1-2-1 Patriot League) on Sunday, Oct. 23 at 1:00 p.m.
- Holy Cross has put together three wins in the 19-game history with Brown. The Bears have won 12 match-ups while the two also have four ties. The fourth tie came the last time the two teams played at the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium, held on Oct. 20, 2009. That season, the Crusaders tied the Bears 2-2 in double overtime under head coach Darren Gallagher in his first season.
- The Crusaders hold an all-time record of 2-7-1 against American, with their last meeting ending in a 1-0 loss a year ago in Worcester, Mass. Holy Cross last defeated the Eagles in 2002 by a score of 5-1.
- Holy Cross holds an all-time record of 2-14-1 against Navy, with their last meeting ending in a 1-0 loss a year ago in Worcester, Mass. Holy Cross last defeated the Mids in 2000 by a score of 1-0.
- Freshman Gina Righini (Salem, N.H.) currently leads the Crusader offense with three goals and six points on the season. She ranks sixth in Patriot League standings in number of goals and eighth in shots taken (18).