Overall: 2-7-2 (0-1-0 PL); Last Week: 0-1-0
Scoreboard: Army 2, Holy Cross 0, West Point, N.Y., 10/2 Schedule: Friday, Oct. 7 vs. Bucknell, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 9 vs. Colgate, Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's soccer team (2-7-2 overall) continues Patriot League action this week with two matches at home. The Crusaders will take on Bucknell (2-7-1 overall, 0-1-0 Patriot League) on Friday, Oct. 7 at 7:00 p.m. and then host again on Sunday, Oct. 9 at 1:00 p.m. against Colgate (8-4-0 overall, 1-0-0 Patriot League).
- The Crusaders hold an all-time record of 5-14-2 against Bucknell, with the last Holy Cross victory in the series coming back in 2004. That match was played in Lewisburg, Pa. and ended in a 3-0 decision in favor of the Crusaders.
- Friday's matchup with Bucknell will be critical as both teams look for their first win in Patriot League play. Holy Cross opened conference play this past weekend with a 2-0 loss at Army while Bucknell opened on the losing side of a 3-0 decision to Colgate.
- Third year Holy Cross head coach Darren Gallagher will look for another strong defensive performance from the Crusaders on home soil to make a move in the league standings this Friday. Holy Cross has kept their opponents scoreless in the first Patriot League home game in both of the previous two seasons. In 2009, Holy Cross played Lehigh to a scoreless 0-0 double-overtime draw at Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium. Last season, the Crusaders did the same when they hosted Lafayette, also a 0-0 double-overtime draw.
- The Crusaders hold an all-time record of 7-21-2 against Colgate. Three of those matchups in the last decade have resulted in overtime play. Holy Cross last came out victorious over Colgate in 2002 when the Crusaders scored the game winner in the second overtime to win 2-1.