Women's Soccer Travels to New Hampshire On Wednesday
Overall: 2-5-0 (0-0-0 PL); Last Week: 1-1-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 1, Bryant 0, Worcester, Mass., 9/14
Holy Cross 0, Quinnipiac 1, Hamden, Conn., 9/18
Schedule: Wednesday, Sept. 21 at New Hampshire, Durham, N.H., 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 23 vs. Vermont, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 25 at Rider, Lawrenceville, N.J., 3:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's soccer team (2-5-0 overall) continues action this week with three non-conference games. First, the Crusaders will travel to Durham, N.H. to play New Hampshire (1-6-1) on Wednesday, Sept. 21 and then host Vermont (2-4-2) in Worcester, Mass. on Friday, Sept. 23. They wrap-up the busy week with a trip to Lawrenceville, N.J. on Sunday, Sept. 25 to take on Rider (6-2-1).
- The Crusaders are 8-20-1 in their all-time series against New Hampshire. The Wildcats are off to a slow start in 2011 with a current record of 1-6-1. New Hampshire earned a 1-0 victory over Rhode Island and a 0-0 draw against Bryant in common opponent comparisons to Holy Cross this fall.
- Vermont comes to Worcester this season with an overall record of 2-4-2. The Crusaders look to take advantage of Vermont's struggles on the road this year as the Catamounts come to Smith Soccer Stadium with a 0-4-1 record as the visiting team.
- Holy Cross will end their non-conference schedule for September when they travel to Rider. The Broncs are 6-2-1 overall this season, currently maintaining a four game-winning streak. The Crusaders are 2-0 all-time against Rider, last beating the Broncs in Worcester, Mass. 2-1 a year ago. Sophomore Sarah Kelley (Bedford, N.H.) scored the game-winner in the first minute of overtime to give the Crusaders the victory in that match.
- Freshman Gina Righini (Salem, N.H.) scored her second game-winning goal of the year last week in a 1-0 home victory over Bryant. Righini's goal broke the 0-0 stalemate with just 43 seconds left in regulation play. She ranks in a tie for first in Patriot League standings with her two game-winners as well.